Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sharper turning banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 01:26 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sharper turning banshee?

Is it just me, or does anyone who owns a banshee find that it doesn't turn as sharp as some of the other quads built??
Whats your input on this??

JLew[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2003, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

I totally agree. the handling is one of its greatest flaws.

Old 08-29-2003, 03:16 AM
Trailblazer

It's all in the geometry and it has alot to do with the power of the bike also. First of all, the bike is wider in the rear than in the front when they are stock so that doesn't help at all. If you are really into handling then the best thing to do on the banshee is to put +2 +1 a-arms on it. That helps alot right there. For good handling, the main thing is to have the front wider than the rear. Now what I was saying about the power having an affect on the handling is that the banshee's power is either on or off. There is no in between. So what happens is, if you are trying to power through a corner it drifts too much because the tires are spinning at such a high rpm. If ya don't believe me, try getting up to a reasonable speed, let off the gas so you're not accelerating, and then try your corner. It makes a difference. Basically, you just have to know the machine to make it corner well, and like I said, a wider front end makes a big difference. If you are used to a machine that has good handling and you get on a banshee, it seems horrible- Learn how to rail corners on a banshee and then ride a machine that handles well- you'll be really fast in corners.