Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

TEC kit on a Yoshi

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEC kit on a Yoshi

Originally posted by: yamamayzf1000r
No, It wouldn't be the same as stock You are letting the motor "exhale" much easier by reducing the back pressure.
If there was no valve overlap at all theoretically you would not have to rejet unless you modified the intake ( ie. K&N air filter ).
I'm glad you think so........but my brother has a STOCK rappy with the baffle removed and it is running very lean......You can feel it kinda sputter

Old 08-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEC kit on a Yoshi

Originally posted by: BigScary
Originally posted by: yamamayzf1000r
No, It wouldn't be the same as stock You are letting the motor "exhale" much easier by reducing the back pressure.
If there was no valve overlap at all theoretically you would not have to rejet unless you modified the intake ( ie. K&N air filter ).
I'm glad you think so........but my brother has a STOCK rappy with the baffle removed and it is running very lean......You can feel it kinda sputter
I said "theoretically", I never said you didn't have to rejet. You should always rejet whenever any mod is made. Just about all internal cumbustion engines come jetted lean from the factory. That is how they get them to idle smoothly and pass whatever emissions standards are put forth by our "wonderful" politicians and government agencies.