Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Getting another quad...Which One!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting another quad...Which One!

How about doing both your poor old dad's and your wife's backs/asses a favor and give them something "comfortable" which doesn't leave them dragging at the end of the day(?).....especially if they have to play the "speed" game with you over ruts and bumps(or not)..............how 'bout a "cadillac ride" for the two people in your life who deserve it most? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It pretty much comes down to wether a person is more interested in what their rider-less 'buddy" is riding beside him when Dad and the little lady aren't...........If anybody expects their rookie wife or father to go any faster than what a Rincon, Sportsman, Outlander, Grizzly or all the AC's upto the 650 will take them?.......these two people's overall comfort becomes less of a concern in the decision.

Old 08-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Before getting a quad for the wife, I had her try my father in laws Polaris 335. She hated it. Too cumbersome, too slow and crude handling. The utilities may not be a good choice for the comfort factor. Long story short, we got a KFX 400 for her, but she likes my Raptor's ride/handling better. She's a little intimidated by the power though.

Old 08-29-2003, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

If your in to comfort, the ds will take anything you throw at it and make it feel like your dreaming it! its the most comfertable quad i have ever riden, utility or sport. the down side is you might like it more then your rappy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Starting with a banshee not a good idea

Old 08-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

wait for honda to show its cards

Old 08-29-2003, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

It's between the rap,the z400 and the DS,Only reason i havent got the raptor is because he has no claen ones right now...he has the color scheme of the Ds i wanted(black with a little yellow,and then he has a nice z that's almost new,and thet's cleaner looking then the DS...

I want the DS for for the smooth ride and for my dad,more his size,and im sure the little lady will get used to it..But i like the z because it's reall nice and a good quality bike, and rider friendly but it might be a little small and rough ride on a 56 year old man.......