Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

roosting cows is so funny

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roosting cows is so funny

I have never "roosted" a cow, and probably never will, but we are talking apples and oranges here. There is a big difference between public and private land. Being on private land without permission is tresspassing. Period.

Public land and grazing permits is a different kettle of fish. When Ranchers, (grazing permittees) don't move (that's right MOVE) their cattle and allow streams to be polluted they are creating an environmental issue that could help get these public lands closed to everyone.

When they spew out this bullsh!+ rhetoric justifying shooting at people and killing people's pets they are showing their ignorance adhering to this ridiculous rancher dogma justifying their murdurous behavior.
Hounddog's assertions about the sensitivity of cattle are extreme exagerrations, the sad thing is they have talked themselves into believing it is all true. They will shoot at you for riding by their cows, then use a cattle prod to load them into a truck. Ever see a branding, de-horning etc? Talk about trauma.

Their grandfathers believed in the open range, today's ranchers (grazing permittees) are trying to close the only open land left, and it does not belong to them. If the ranchers don't start trying to get along with the OHV community their way of life is going to come to an end. Virtually every grazing permit renewal is now being challenged by the environmentalists. The Forest Service is going to just give in eventually, and the environmentalists are planning on it. The Ranchers better start making some friends, they need us more than we need them.

Old 09-08-2003, 11:48 AM
Range Rover

Is it just me or is there a lot of anger in this tread...lol

Old 09-08-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheRaptorMan
Originally posted by: quadsportin
Originally posted by: TheRaptorMan

Im cool with ALOT of things in life but anything that involes being mean to an animal is where I draw the line (PERIOD)

Are you implying that no one should hunt, set mousetraps or even step on a spider or some other little creature?
If so thats just crazy. I mean I can see getting angry with someone who is, say, tossing cats and dogs into the road just to watch them get hit. Besides its not like a little mud is gonna kill the cows or anything.

BTW, I think this thread is hilarious and if there were any cows near me I'd sure as hell try it.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Here we go... As for hunting, I do not. I feel no need to shoot an animal that has no chance of shooting me back. That is my opinion. Should anyone hunt? SURE! I know tons of people that hunt and do it responsibly. They eat the meat and will even store up and save alot of $$$ by doing so. I also know a bunch of guys that will spot light and leave deer laying along the road to rot. That kind of $hit pisses me off. As for a mousetrap? If you want them running all over your house fine but I don't. Of course use mouse traps, but If I am going to use them I will use the kind that will snap their necks not the one that will stick them to the floor and leave them to starve or chew their own legs off. Spiders come on now your being rediculous.. I also will wreck my quad to try to dodge an ant on the trail. WTF

As for the roosting the cows... Have you even been roosted? Kinda hurts dont it? And exactly what did the cow do to you? Its just childish and imature. I am an animal lover, but not an extreamist. I hate to see an animal mistreated! Its one of those things in life that will really **** me off. If you want to throw mud on a cow then go and get a hand full of mud ***** and go (on foot) and hit a bull with them. Or go and kick a full grown bear in the A$$. Maybe try to slap around a full grown pit bull, or rotwheller!

As for shooting someone for doing this no I wouldn't I would shoot (at them) but not hit them, or I would simply ride over and insert my foot firmly in their A$$. Ow well thats my 2 cents on all of that!
RaptorMan
I admit I was going a bit far there, but that was a pretty general comment you made and I have met people who would go out of thier way not to hurt even little insects.
To me that kind of behavior toward animals is insane and even a bit scary. I never accused you of anything just questioning and its good to know your not an extremist like that.

Everyone needs to chill out its not like we're talking about ramming the cows with our quads or anything. I mean if a cow dies after having a little mud sprayed on it there's something wrong with it.
learn to have some fun you might live longer
(this was directed to everyone not justRaptorMan)
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2003, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

It just seems a little imature to me. A way for an insecure BOY to fell like a man by doing something to an animal that is unable to defend itself. Where a man would have enough ba||s to walk over and smack the bull instead of roost the cow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

man i cant believe how some of u ppl are getting all as$ tight over this! if it wasnt ur cow what do u care? let the guy roost the cows.

Old 09-08-2003, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Fourlix: thanx for the education.

The only thing i'm pissed about....THERES NO VIDEO! WTF! i want video...and i'll pay top dollar.

I'll tell you cow hicks one thing. you are way to uptight over this. Shooting at people? let alone Kids!? you must be smoking cow pucky's. someone could side swipe my beloved SUV...and i'd call the cops. i suggest you do the same.

Maybe it makes you feel tough to say such a stupid *** thing. But if you pulled a gun on me or mine...let alone shoot. you and your cows would become "missing" in fact, your pictures would be on the side of milk cartons. lol

ya know...i wish one of you hard core farmer (lol) threatened me face to face. I'd smack the dip right outa your mouth. no wonder they want to hit you guys with the fart tax (methane). when i first heard about that....i laughed. Now after listening to fourlix. i say...good. F them. make em pay.

Mooow!

Old 09-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

lmao! right on man.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: kuz28
Fourlix: thanx for the education.

The only thing i'm pissed about....THERES NO VIDEO! WTF! i want video...and i'll pay top dollar.

I'll tell you cow hicks one thing. you are way to uptight over this. Shooting at people? let alone Kids!? you must be smoking cow pucky's. someone could side swipe my beloved SUV...and i'd call the cops. i suggest you do the same.

Maybe it makes you feel tough to say such a stupid *** thing. But if you pulled a gun on me or mine...let alone shoot. you and your cows would become "missing" in fact, your pictures would be on the side of milk cartons. lol

ya know...i wish one of you hard core farmer (lol) threatened me face to face. I'd smack the dip right outa your mouth. no wonder they want to hit you guys with the fart tax (methane). when i first heard about that....i laughed. Now after listening to fourlix. i say...good. F them. make em pay.

Mooow!

Hell yea!
I've roosted my fair share of cows and I find it is hilarious. A buddy of mine roosted three out of a gravelpit and granted that was a little cold hearted but it had me laughing my a$$ off. But it only hurts till it stops and no cows died from this, so chill.

Old 09-09-2003, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

I might say i love your city kuz28

Old 09-09-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

You guys make me laugh arguing over silly things. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I grew up on a farm and I know you don't mess with a man's livestock, it is there lively hood.

Let me put it in perspective for some of you guys. Your quad is setting in your driveway and this guy comes by and says I think I roost that 4-wheeler. Will it do detrimental damage to the 4-wheeler? Probably not but it will leave it scratched and dirty. Then you get all pissed off after they roost your beloved machine and you say "hey that is mine what the hell are you doing that for" and he looks at you and says "hey it was fun".

Everyone does stupid things when they are young I know I did but I usually only did it once. Have fun when you are young but try to think about what you are doing before you do it. And before you hurt any ones property think how you would feel if they did it to your prized possession.

Hey but you guys do make me laugh when I read some of your comments. And believe me one well placed shot in the air will make a believer out of most that he is not a person you want to mess with. Bird shot will only sting you after 100 yards. LOL

Quick Reply: roosting cows is so funny