Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BLASTER VS. WARRIOR, Help on decision.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLASTER VS. WARRIOR, Help on decision.

I was wanting to know, I'm not the richest person in the world, so my dad decided a Blaster would be good, and my friend just got a new 2003-04 warrior I was wanting to know what if a Stock Yamaha Blaster 250 would out run a Stock warrior. And if you could help me out what would be a good cheap four wheeler that would out run a warrior.

Old 09-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Well, first off the Blaster isnt a 250, it is a 200. And stock for stock I think the Warrior may have a little higher topspeed, but the blaster will accerlerate a lot better. If you arent going to be racing or anything Id say get the Warrior, it has better bottom end and midrange for trails and it still has a good topspeed. The Blaster is a lot cheaper than a Warrior, but I say spend more money and get a better quad. You cant really go wrong with a Warrior, they are bullet proof, good engines, and last for a long time when properly maintained. I say get the Warrior over the Blaster. I think Blasters are to small. I sat on a Blaster and my knees hit the front fenfers and whenever I turned the bars my knees scraped against them. The bottom line is Blasters are to small so get a better quad and get a Warrior!!

Old 09-07-2003, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

stock for stock the warrior will beat the blaster in acceleration and top speed. If you put $350 in a blaster for a toomey pipe kit and a bigger front sprocket you will have a stock warrior beat everywhere.

Old 09-07-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

NO you dont need to sell your quad your dad got you!!!The blaster is faster off the line then they even out with the warrior eventually passing it in the higher gears...

Old 09-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Depends on who you ask, but ive never been beat by a blaster.

Old 09-07-2003, 10:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

first off.. i got a ? .... do u race.. or plan on it...? if so get the blaster i don't think u want a 6 foot long quad(warrior) racin tryin to make hair pin turns which a blaster being much much shoter would b better the balster stock for stock the balster ( if broken in ) will beat the warrior if the warrior aint broken in.... now if there broken in the warrior's most likelly gonna beat him.... i have no clue what im tlaking about o well... also if u get a wariror try to get an 03.. you'll save a few hundred dollers... that is if u can get 1...

Old 09-07-2003, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

i think if you want more aggressive punch then you want the blaster. if you want a trail machine with good pull through all rpms go warrior. i ride a blaster and personally i think it's a lot quicker than a warrior. by that i mean not a lot faster top speed but nimble and quick punch revs.

Old 09-07-2003, 11:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

it's a 2 STROKE!!!!! of coarse it's gonan b quicker revs but the warrior has power when u need it most....

Old 09-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Theyre both good machines and lets just agree theyre good in diffrent ways...
Blaster,a little slower stock but more potential to go faster
warrior,faster stock,nmice broad power,better for bigger riders

Old 09-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

if u weigh over 200 lb's get a bigger quad than a warrior cuz weight limit is 220 and i wouldn't suggest going over 200 i'd suggest getting a bigger quad

Quick Reply: BLASTER VS. WARRIOR, Help on decision.