Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

TRX observations

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX observations

Yea Tyrespinner, I just wounder why not on the quad?

Sorry guys I just can't help to fuel the fire.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX observations

Back to the subject,

I didn't actually think Honda was really gonna come out with one... My hats off to Honda for having the ***** to try to compete...

I'm actually impressed with the TRX450R..

Sure the shocks don't have rezzies, but they are still high quality 3-way adjustable shocks...
The quad is even lighter than the 400ex which i FIND VERY light considering I ride a DS [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

The kick start thing I find is very cool, but it would depend on how many kicks it's gonna need to start it... Also does the 450R have a battery?.. If not those lights are going to suck... Just like on the Banshee..

If I was to consider both the Yami and Honda... I'd probably get the Honda due to reliability and it will probably be cheaper than the YFZ.. With the money saved, you could probably get some good upgrades... Now this is just guessing that it will be cheaper...

I think it should wheelie good, but it would be best if it wasn't so wheelie happy as the 400ex is... Because going uphill and pointing the nose skywards is not a fun thing... Either you lay off the throttle and don't make it up or give 'er hell and flip-over...

If they could put Ohtsu's on that... I think it would be by far the best value for a quad... Plus it should have hard HITTING power just like the YFZ..

I usually ride yellow...but sometime I might go back to riding red [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Go Honda!

Old 09-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Range Rover
Default TRX observations

It does have piggybacks they are tucked behind the front shocks rear is also piggy back!!!!!!!fyi

Old 09-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX observations

Oh, sorry, my bad.

Even better!

Old 09-12-2003, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX observations

Yeah .. i was Expecting more .. i think honda should have slapped on some cruise control and foot pegs that massage your feet while your ripping @ss through a trail.. or maybe some street tires and a cdplayer so that i could drive it to work... WTF ..

I expected alot more from my YFZ when i was signing the papers and loading it in the back of my truck too .. so far i have been a little dissapointed in it as well .... first impressions may not be everything .. and btw my cousin has a 02 CRF450 that he rides weekly and has hardly even seen a wrench, so im not gonna even believe that honda had major lube problems on every bike in those years.

Old 09-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX observations

Yah sales would sky-rocket with a quality sound system...I'm thinking of installing one on the raptor so I can listen to tunes while waiting for a tow back to camp

Old 09-12-2003, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX observations

YFZ look alike??? the YFZ looks like ***! its the same crap as a raptor. 400ex headlight set-up? uhh NO! can you say CBR? come on now C.....B.....R, good job! The frame is ex like but thats only cause the ex frame was based on the R frame which you all know is the best handling frame ever! This just might be the one and ONLY replacement for the 250R, well not mine anyway....just dabeeches[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default TRX observations

hey guys, just got a look at the trx, well where in the hell is the beverage holder. that's it honda, you are definitely not getting any of my money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
seriously though, it looks like a sweet bike, definitely different which is a good thing. i really don't know all about the specs or problems of the Crf or Yfz but i do know it has been a long time since sport quads have been coming out like they are now. late 80's maybe. glad to see the competition growing between all the quad makers because in the end it benefits us the consumer.
later sparx

Old 09-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Trailblazer
Default TRX observations

hey tyrespinner, just to let ya know, its a 6499 msrp and comin out in january according to hondas website...saving $400, could get a few upgrades w/ that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I Wish

Old 09-13-2003, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default TRX observations

i do know it has been a long time since sport quads have been coming out like they are now. late 80's maybe.
Hmm.... who got this started with a factory screamer?

Can we say.... Cannondale?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: TRX observations