Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Heading to Mexico...........Need Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heading to Mexico...........Need Information

I am heading to San Felipe at the end of October for a week of playing in the sand with ye' old Banshee.
I have several questions I have not been able to find answers to:

1) Can I take Race Fuel into Mexico?

2) I am borrowing my brothers vehicle to pull the large trailer we are hauling....are we going to have problems crossing the border in a vehicle in which the owner is not present.

3) Can I purchase race fuel in Mexico?

Any other suggestions would be great!!

thanks!!

Old 09-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Don't drink the water!!!!...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Race fuel I'm sure you can find in MEX, because there are so many races held down there. As far as driving your brothers truck...as long as registration and insurance are up to date, you shouldn't have a problem. Unless by shear coincidence, something happens that day to heighten security at the border(stolen car trying to cross...drug bust...threats..etc.)....have fun!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Have about 40 bucks cash in wallet just in case you get pulled over....when Mexican cops see you hauling your toys, they'll automatically asume your rich and you probably are compared to what they make, anyway, you'll probably get pulled over for any dumb little reason...if you get pulled over and if you do get a ticket, they'll take away your driver's license and you'll have to pick it up when you pay the fee.....or..you can just bribe his ***...I've bribed a whole lot of em..20 bucks usually gets the job done, considering that's probably what they make in a whole day....Anyway, just don't drive too crazy, cuz they'll only pull you over for a bribe...

Old 09-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They usually don't like you bringing your own gas but if you tell them it's special race gas they will probably let you slide. Most are big off road race fans, and if you can get ahold of some off road stuff like stickers posters and patches they'll work real good for making a new freind with the federales.

Old 09-12-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

I make numerous trip to Baja and 99% of the time it's trouble free. But, they do not like you to take your own fuel. Put the gas in inconspicuous containers (not fancy racing jugs proudly pointing skyward in the bed of the pick-up) - put it in old looking stuff....As for your bros truck, make sure you take the original title - it's really no prob - but they like to see a raised seal or official document - same for the trailer paperwork especially - and the bike titles. Once they see the original titles they see you are serious about it. And, even if ya somehow loose the title, it's only a couple bucks at the DMV to get a replacement - really, it's the way to go.

Be calm, repectful and aware and you shouldnt have any probs. If you want some killer riding head up to the Arches (you'll know where I mean when ya get there), go left past the dump and hit the start/finish of the SCORE race course - it's a 250 mile loop of some of the best Baja has to offer - not for the meek.....

Enjoy (I wanna go !)

Old 09-12-2003, 02:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Get Mexican insurance for your vehicles. American insurance does not fly and if you get pulled over, your screwed. Its like $40 for the weekend.

Have fun its a great time!

RoostKing..

Old 09-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Good call Roost !

I forgot to mention the Insurance - dont leave home without it !!

Old 09-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

YES...buy the Mexican insurance...DON'T bring ANYTHING back that might get you in trouble.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

And don't forget to bring back some tequila!!