Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Flatslide?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flatslide?

A warrior carb IS a flatslide but for some reason there is a butterfly in there too?!?! What happens if you take it out? I would have already given it a shot if the screw that hold the sucker on werent smacked on the other side.

Old 09-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flatslide?

No one thinks it would work without it or you just dont care because its not a raptor?

Old 09-13-2003, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flatslide?

Hey Jakal, I think your right they dont care because it isnt a Raptor. I asked questions about a carb for a Warrior a while back and got NOTHING. I dont think too many hop up Warriors like us they just like to say they suck.

Old 09-13-2003, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flatslide?

Ah well. I think raptors suck. Dont understand why anyone would buy that instead of a banshee. Especcialy all the people who want to drag race em.

Old 09-13-2003, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flatslide?

Well I think you're right about the flat slide part and I'm going to somewhat guess at what you're talking about here.

I'm assuming that this is a CV style carb... in other words, the slide has a diaphram at the top of it. If so... the "butterfly" valve is the actual throttle valve.

The flat slide carbs that you're referring to use the actual slide as the throttle valve. BIG difference. Don't take the butterfly valve off of the shaft... you will ruin the carb!!!

If you want to upgrade carbs then buy a new one.

Old 09-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flatslide?

Warriors are cool, good machines. Tried and true. Rumor even has it they are going to upgrade it soon. But saying a raptor sucks and no use for them and just get a shee, perhaps you should think about that some more. Raptors rock on the trails buddy. Nice Ride, fast stock, gobs of torque. Thats why people buy them. I understand if you get made because no body answers your warrior questions. I would if I could but I don't. But don't slam the raps for no reason bro.

Old 09-13-2003, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flatslide?

The slide dosent have a diaphram. It has a mechanical arm that lifts it when you pull the throttle. Older warriors didnt have that even, the throttle cable went in directly above the slide and I supose it lifted it directly and the butterfly was turned some other way.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flatslide?

Have you maybe considered that if you don't get an answer maybe noone knows? There is no reason to bash on raptor owners because no other warrior owners have an answer to your question.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flatslide?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think the cavalry is here in full force now.

Old 09-13-2003, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Flatslide?

Why would I want a raptor when I have a street bike? if I wanted 600ccs of slowness Id get a 2 cylinder lawnmower.
Excuse me for being annoyed that a post is pushed to the bottom of the page in 10 minutes by crap about a new honda noones seen and a 600cc fourstroke thats more hype than bite.

Quick Reply: Flatslide?