Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

News from sandfest??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 06:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default News from sandfest??

Yeah it was crowded, even on Friday. I was busy working on the DS, so I'm sure I missed a lot of the action, and I didn't spend any time at the track. I'm waiting to here the rest of the story myself, LOL.

If you're curious what the track is like I have a few videos (not 4-strokes). http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289390557

Old 09-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

It was a blast! The guys that I saw from the forums were: Scooby, Dune Devil, Reptar, RaptorRcR, Zombie, SAMCOEDS, Joker, Biggerisbetter, and Wicked686. I heard there was around 10,000+ people there.

I was very pleased with the way my bike ran. I do need to extend my swingarm, though! It was standing up in 4th at half throttle on the bottle. I never did run the strip. The fastest bike to run the strip was a Rotax Banshee that ran a 4.0 @ 80 mph.

Zombie let me ride his bike, and I was very impressed. My n2o pressure peaked at about 800 psi, so I need a bottle heater, not to mention another bottle.

NOTICE: Do not base any comments off of what I say about the race results, I do NOT know the exact results. But here is what I found:

Me vs. Zombie- One race my front tires were about at the swingarm on his bike, most other races he would take me by about 4-5 bikes, and some others by way more because I am not very consistent on my bike yet.

Me vs. SAMCOEDS V Force- About even off the bottle

Me vs. SAMCOEDS YFZ 450- That thing is a runner! I beat him by about 3 bikes when my n20 was at its peak, off the bottle he beat me by about 10!

Me vs. SAMCOEDS DS650- Need to turn up the NOS, lol

Zombie vs. RaptorRcR- I am pretty sure RcR beat Zombie by about 4 off bottle, never saw him run with the NOS on, but talk to both of them first! I am not starting anything!

Me vs. Reptar- On the bottle I beat him by about 3 maybe, not sure though.

To all of the guys I met down there, you are all great guys and gentlemen! Very impressed with the caliber of guys that I met.

Oh, and XR650Warrior guy was there. I raced him on the bottle and it was about even, very quick bike, I have to give it to him.

By Drag Race Wars, hopefully I'll have at least a swingarm extension, another bottle, and a bottle heater, then we'll see what she'll run.

Overall, it was a great time, and hopefully everyone made it home safely.

Later,

Street

Old 09-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Great info "Wall"![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I look foward to meeting up at Drag Race Wars.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Jay

Old 09-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Also, there was also a Gas Gas 300 that I ran, he beat me by about 3 off the bottle. There was also a Raptor with a crotch rocket (R1?) engine w/ NOS in it. Saw a guy go big on a Banshee and bit it and cut his chin open. I tipped my cousin's ATC 250r over when I was turning around to talk to Zombie, but was only going like 2 miles per hour. I'm sure I'll think of some other interesting stories....

Old 09-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta hand it to the rappy boys that were there. They ran very well. All I want to know is who had the black DS with the large set of ********* hanging off the back? That was the funniest thing we saw out there this whole trip. The track was very nice and was maintained well. I believe it was a huge success. There were not enough guys entered in the bracket racing,though. I didnt see any of the fast rappy guys in the bracket classes. I think they were too busy over on the hill racing their own race lol. From what everyone has said, even some of the faster guys, the track was a bit slow compared to other tracks. I know my times were slower. Maybe the altitude along with the uphill run of the track itself. But we heard from someone at the park that this was bigger than the snake hunts. There were people parked over 1/4 mile past the Oasis heading into town on the roadside just to have a place to unload and ride. It was a wild couple of days. Bubba

Old 09-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Well It was my first trip out... I had alot of fun riding the dunes and seeing all the quads and buggies... I met up with brown650(colby) and his friend roy.. They were fun to hang out with... Also ended up parking by a great group of Craycraft guys... They helped me out alot... Met Wallstreet by the drag strip and chatted with him for a while... Later on he took me by a bike length on the strip... My only real complaints on the trip was the parking and camping being so full and over packed... And mainly all of the A$$holes that were there who thought they would holler at my girl while she was on the back of my quad with me... I will be going back but never on a busy weekend with her again... Anyway, lots of things are coming up for my quad... Can't wait to try them out on the next trip...

Old 09-14-2003, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

well how did the blue craycraft bike do (crafty) that was just a 686 on gas with stock carbs

Old 09-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

had a great time met alot of people from the forum zoombie -robertson-dog-and all the guys from craycraft the rappys were flying(i think i will step it up for the next event)scooby was running great the dam banshees were everywhere like flys we all had a great time the new yfz 450(stock)ran great that will be the next race horse in my stable real soon them things are great hope everyone made it home safe and ryan and crafty were alot of fun zoombie tell robertson it was real nice talking with him he is a very nice person again to all i had a great time. STACY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2003, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

I think your mistaken mark that bike outran the craycraft several times when i owned it, given its gotten faster since i used to race it, but samcoeds has that bike smokin fast now, if i remember right at the nationals he beat me 2or 3 out of 9 or 10 races. it doesnt matter anyway he has definately got it dialed in now and running real strong, if i still owned it he would definitly wear me out. DuneDevils bike was killer fast when he could get it to leave, i think he was tinkering with gearing, that has to be the fastest stage 3 ds ive ever seen, i was real impressed. I was real impressed with zombies 727 bike, it was killer fast, i didnt get to watch to many races between his and the craycraft 730 with rob on his bike. I know dsmike rode zombies bike several passes and was getting the craycraft bike by a few or so. Samcoeds has the old 703 kikin a$$ and takin names, ithink him and scooby were locked up on alot of races and i only seen his bike outran by one fourstroke and that was zombies bike with dsmike behind the wheel. I say congrats to robertson on a awesome fast raptor, and congrats to samcoeds for really making that thing run like i wish i would have.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2003, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

All them people there and no one got any pics of videos [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: News from sandfest??