Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor or YFZ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor or YFZ?

Originally posted by: RINCON
Well no Sh:t i haven't rode one! but i have more faith in Honda than your little brain is able to understand, obviously................
i wrote that late at night and was gettin pissed form the 99999 post about the trx being so great when maybe 1 person rode it

Old 11-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor or YFZ?

when did i write that anyway must be a long time ago lol

Old 11-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor or YFZ?

I have ridden one YFZ and ridden with two others. I can not understand what the hype is about. Seriously, I am not trying to dog on anyone's ride but I would like to know why people are so impressed with this quad! The one I rode, I found it to be quite doggy compared to my raptor (even when it was little more than stock). To me, these bikes seem to feel like nothing more than a good running 440ex. As far as the other two I have ridden with, I had no trouble completely outriding them in speed, agility, and torqueing out of holes and corners. WHAT IS THE HYPE ALL ABOUT????? If these bikes are so awesome, and I am not ruling out that possiblity, how come I can't find one that is even slightly impressive? I just want to understand why so many people are so stuck on them.

~HoundDog

Old 11-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor or YFZ?

EXACTLY!!! thank you Houndog.. Ive rode 4 yfz's and its a nice bike but runs like a z440.. I dont know what the big thing is.. My Raptor seemed like it had so much more brute force and torque than it.. I just dont really know what all the hype is about...

Old 11-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor or YFZ?

style of ridding i had a full blore rapy and like the new yfz better. Thats me!!

hype=dirtwheels right lololol tehy go crazy over every new modle

Old 11-08-2003, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor or YFZ?

Originally posted by: HoundDog06
I have ridden one YFZ and ridden with two others. I can not understand what the hype is about. Seriously, I am not trying to dog on anyone's ride but I would like to know why people are so impressed with this quad! The one I rode, I found it to be quite doggy compared to my raptor (even when it was little more than stock). To me, these bikes seem to feel like nothing more than a good running 440ex. As far as the other two I have ridden with, I had no trouble completely outriding them in speed, agility, and torqueing out of holes and corners. WHAT IS THE HYPE ALL ABOUT????? If these bikes are so awesome, and I am not ruling out that possiblity, how come I can't find one that is even slightly impressive? I just want to understand why so many people are so stuck on them.

~HoundDog
Wow I wished you lived closer, we would go ride. I have both a raptor and a yfz. The yfz straight from the showroom floor would walk all over my poor raptor. Everything but the topend, which the raptor WAS SLIGHTLY faster. But, all that took was removing the baffle out of the yfz. My yfz was then beating the raptor everywhere. .......and, even when the baffle was in the yfz, the yfz was so far ahead of the raptor, that it would have taken a mile to overtake the yfz. and for handling......wow, I cant believe that you would say that "you dont understand what all the hype is all about". That yfz will out handle, corner, jump, and save your a$$ so much better than the raptor, its beyond words.
Right now, I am to the point of finding a reason to keep my raptor. It would take an awful lot of work to make it beat a yfz, in the current state that my yfz is in.

As far as comparing the two's power. when you jump on a raptor out of the hole, you can definatley feel that 660 between your legs. Thats why, I think the raptor has better lowend power, but the yfz has way better lowend speed, and both better mid-power and mid-speed, and better topend power. The raptor would have to take the nod (stock for stock) for topend speed.

No matter what, you have a good quad! If you know how to ride it, you will beat half the other people out there that may actually have faster quads then you. A lot of these arguments on this forum have to do with the riders, not the quads!

Old 11-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor or YFZ?

Whoah.. Very nicely said... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The yfz didnt seem much to me cause it just doesnt suit my riding style.. But others would pick the yfz over the rappy any day but not me.. And im guessing not HoundDog either... From now on im not gonna tell someone which bike to get.. they gotta ride both to see what suits them more... thx man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor or YFZ?

Yeah, you really do just have to ride them both. If you plan on doing any slow speed stuff, then the raptor will be better. The yfz just wants to go fast. Its not to say that you cant do something that the raptor can do, you'll just have to do it faster.
I have yet to see, or experience anything the raptor does better, (accept going in reverse) ha ha. But you know......even then, I have not needed reverse. If you just hook the handlebars, and whack the gas, the thing comes right around. (something that my raptor will not do very well).
Both are great quads, and I can see TOTALLY why someone would want a raptor over a yfz, there are a lot of different types of riders out there.
................I couldnt see someone that weighs 250lbs, and 6-4, riding a yfz. They are going to need the snort of the raptor!

Old 11-09-2003, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor or YFZ?

nicely said bro

ridding style huh....sound familar lol jk

Old 11-09-2003, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor or YFZ?

LOL yes all very true... Hey 135 b4 you get rid of the rappy try to put a pipe on it.. I had mine stock once and when i put on the pipe i saw amazed on how bad it woke it up... The Raptor just had arms yanking power after that.. But same with the yfz... So u just gotta ride and check which one suits u more!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Happy Riding guys

Quick Reply: Raptor or YFZ?