Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee questions

I am thinking about getting a banshee, I have had several quads one of them being a 400 EX and I didnt really care for it.. I have heard that the banshee is fast but how does it do against some of the other quads out there... like the raptor or the new kawasaki 700....I just rode my cousins kaw 700 and didnt really care for it... I know there are alot of parts to beef the banshee up but how does it do stock... I am basicly wnating to get the fastest base that I can and then start adding to it.. Thanks

Old 09-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Depends on what kinda riding you plan on doing, the banshee's mod potential is OFF THE CHARTS!! You can drop 2g's in a shee w/ out even thinking (mine has about 1500$ in it). If your gonna be doing STRICTLY TIGHT trails riding I wouldn't suggest a 'shee "just because its FAST!!" When people say trails though it could mean like 4 diff. things, i've made my on trails on my 'shee (which is VERY tiresome) but wide open trails on a 'shee is an experience that will stick w/ you for the rest of your life. Stock 'shees are fast but once you pipe and filter it, it becomes a whole nother monster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Mike

Old 09-21-2003, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

well I go to the badlands in attica indiana and I love rideing in the sand and plan on doing alot of wide open rideing and I want someting that is just crazy fast... I will be doing alot of dune climbing and just general playing in the sand and dirt not any jumping really just fast rideing and climbing...this weekend I watched a guy on a banshee climb strait up this hill and I mean STRAIT UP! it was crazy... so now I have to get one.. LOL but I was just wondering if it was a better buy than say a raptor.. and when I say better buy I mean power/speed.. THANKS

Old 09-21-2003, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

if you are gunna put money in the motor I would I would get a shee all the way.....but ifyou are gunna leave it stock then raptor all the way......

Old 09-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

sand, wide open riding, hill climbs, and you want to mod the motor??? 'SHEE ALL THE WAY!! Like big scary said though, if your gonna leave it stock (or plan on spending big$$$ for mods) go w/ the rappy.

Mike

Old 09-23-2003, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

well I went to the dealer today and they let me ride both the raptor and the banshee on a little track they have out back and I have to say they are totaly different beasts.. the raptor made its power way down low then seemed to run out of steem up high and the banshee started out kinda doggie but once in the powerband it seemed to have an endless amount of power.. and i fealt more comfortable on the banshee the raptor seemed a lil more top heavy and didnt fit me as well for some reason I was able to get a little more crazy on the banshee without worrying about crashing.... SO I guess the banshee it is.. thanks for all the input guys I am sure I will be back with more questions once I get it.