Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The new yamaha Raptor 660

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2000, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See, the Quad Racer's from a land where it takes some REAL skill, not simple straight-line drills just for the "thrill". Give me the 250, down the Banshee like a pill, down a Raptor, DS650, then call it a triple kill.

Old 06-06-2000, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

Nothing like an old and outdated RIDE.

Old 06-06-2000, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Why doesn't anyone post these pics of the new raptor on the internet for us all to see before june 8th.

Old 06-06-2000, 10:44 PM
guy
Range Rover

Sounds to me that RIDE is trying to convince himself that his outdated 250R can compare to a 660 thumper. No way man, no way

Old 06-06-2000, 10:44 PM
guy
Range Rover

Sounds to me that RIDE is trying to convince himself that his outdated 250R can compare to a 660 thumper. No way man, no way

Old 06-07-2000, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

I'm just saying, these are damn good days for us hi-perf atvers, hopefully just the beginning, but I'm not feeling this BIGGER HEAVIER WIDER crap. It's like 1986 all over again(a damn good thing), only instead of quick and nimble it's "big and bad". Good, right? For some of you, but I'm just thinking that theres gotta be more riders out there that don't want a bigger wider and heavier RIDE. Yeah, RIDE. That's the current trend, big. They're bad ***, fast, MEAN, but I don't like bigger rides, and don't want them. I hate the heavy feelin' crap. ANYONE else? Screw it. By the way, I love the 250R to death. I also love QUADRACERS TECATE4s QUADZILLAS and Banshees. I just love 2-strokes. I know, we probably won't see much more in production, but I'm PRAYING THAT KAWI releases that new KXF250. I'd take that anyday over a Raptor or DS. Anyone else want that quad? Damn, check it out in HUEVOS II. Oh, I know a 250R sure as hell wouldn't stand a chance with a DS or RAPTOR...yeah...put me in the trails. Put me on something besides a straight line. Oh, how much do you want for the Quad Racer? 2-strokes...2-strokes...2-strokes

Old 06-07-2000, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

I still like my quadracer but i am ready for a change I race motocross not just in a straight line, and i guarantee i will be smoking my share of R's. If your R is so bad why are some of the top riders like farr and ellis riding yamaha thumpers. Just wait within a year most of the top riders will be a thumpin , i hate to say it but two-strokes are a dying. You just gotta change with the times.

Old 06-07-2000, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

It's all about riding. I'm not saying "my R is so bad". It's decent, simply because it is it, no mods. Not because I can max out wherever. I'm not coming up b.s.ing like most people on the net saying a stock quad does 80. Saying what I feel, if you respond, cool. It's just what I ride on. If it was a piece of crap I'd still say everything that I have, because what I'm saying isn't about how "bad" your RIDE is. It's how you RIDE. Personally, I like 250 2 strokes, I like my 250r. It's not the baddest mother****** around, but I feels right to ME. Just seeing if other riders feel the same. I just love it, prefer its size, shape, feel and handles. All I'm saying is that it's not how BIG or BAD you are, it's how it all fits together when you RIDE. That's it, just go ride, everyday, ride, that's what's on my mind. You should know what I'm saying, just ride. It's the feel of your quad. Just sayin what's on my mind and it causes ruckus and sh*t. Ride whatever you want. However big you want. Go ahead.

Old 06-07-2000, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

I have been coming to this forum for a long time and it is very entertaining, however I have never had the need to respond to anything. This guy @l@n gunz is really starting to chap me. I like 2-strokes and have for years, but all the facts point towards their eventual extinction. I think this guy gunz just scraped up enough money to buy himself a 250r and really needs to feel good about it. I wish he would just shut up. If you ever get to Tucson AZ gunz, let me know, I would love to smack you around and then beat you with my neighbor's 185s(a four stroke). Also everybody, please note, no profanity in my post. It doesn't bother me, but I'm not everybody.

Old 06-07-2000, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

Awesome, that's pretty cool. Great post buddy!

I'm glad it got to you. Too bad you didn't even understand half of what my point was about. I would say "go ride", but you need to THINK. Smack me around! I hope it happens. I like to laugh. I hope I get to Arizona sometime. I'd be laughing for a week straight after you "smacked me around" on a 185.

Quick Reply: The new yamaha Raptor 660