Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Modding. Need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Modding. Need advice.

One more secret since I heard you say you wanted to polish the exhaust, I figure you have a Dremel tool? The stock reed cages have room for improvement and can be safely and easly ported to allow more flow, dont worry about a bigger carb until you open up this bottle neck by porting or buying Delta V-Force reed cages, so if your interested in porting let me know and I'll send you a link.

Old 10-01-2003, 08:00 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

You should never polish the intake on a carbed engine. The roughness of the intake helps atomize the fuel and air mixture making more power. If you already polished it just rough it up again. The only time it pays to polish the intake is on a fuel injected engine where only air passes thru the intake. It would work good on the new skidoo 600Ho Sdis.

Anyways thanks for all your help. I got all the parts except the 21cc domes and the new water pump impeller. Will start building it this weekend. Thanks..

Old 10-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

Speed Demon, Sorry i never caught your post.

My stock head got wrecked when the stock piston came apart, Its beyond repair. So ill keep the heads and domes, plus i like the looks to.

As for the water pump blade, I discovered that my stock one is worn out. Its a sad sight. That and the fact that the billit one is suppost to provide more cooling. Just wondering what wears out the billit blade or somthing on the block.

Im sending back the 20cc domes but thats about it.

Thanks for all your help. Ill probably need more help when its all put together to help get it dialed in.

Thanks a lot, This is a great site.