Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Modding. Need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 11:33 PM
Mar
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Modding. Need advice.

Ok. Ive assembled a bunch of mods for my banshee. All these parts are sitting in my house in a box and im going to throw them on my shee as soon as I get a chance. Im just looking for some advice on how to tune and what to expect from the mods that are going on.

Parts:

1. PSI pipes and silencers.
2. Alba Heads with 20cc domes.
3. Wesico 65.25mm forged pistons 0.30 over.
4. Boyceen power reeds.
5. White bros boost bottle.
6. K&N filter.
7. Dynojet carb kit.

So what do you think. What sprockets, should I port the exhaust, Jetting, Are the stock carbs ok, Is there anything that im missing to make more power with what i got.

Im hoping to see a noticable diffrence then stock. Do you think ill see a diffrence?

Thanks a lot.

Old 09-22-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

you will more than notice a difference if you do all of that at once......

Old 09-23-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, you will definatly notice a difference. I cannot remember what jets I am running but follow the Dyno jet instructions it was dead on for me. The only thing I did differently was get rid of all the electronics on the carbs it makes it alot easier to work on.

Old 09-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

Thanks guys.

All the parts just showed up in the mail.

The PSI pipes are top quality, the fit and finish is awsome.

I just hope that the stock carbs are big enough and that the stock crank holds up.

Im getting the cylinders machined tommarrow and hopfully it will be fired up by the weekend!! I also got 3 sprockets a 13(stock), 14, and 15.

I think it should do about 84mph with the 15 if not more. But I will keep the one with the best all around which will probably be the 14th. Anyways, If you guys have any tips about the rebuild or tuning please let me know, I will keep you posted.

Ive got Friend with a DS650 Baja with a dynojet carb kit and mbrp pipe to compair, Right now he cleans the shee big time so if I can beat him it will be the real test.

Old 09-29-2003, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

you will definately see a difference from all that. you might have a little more work keeping it moving though if you move from stock to a 15 tooth front sprocket, your takeoff will be a little harder cause you will lose the low gearing and basically, the banshee that hates going slow will hate it even more. i dont know if youll get any more bottom end with those mods though. also, those mods will be great, but if you want to get the most of them, id upgrade to 28 or 30mm carbs. i believe stock runs 26's.

good luck, im sure it will be a fun bike!

Old 09-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

Thanks a lot.

Thats what I thought. But for now the budget is blown so ill have to wait on the carbs.

And if the 15 tooth takes to much power to pull I wont use it. i still want bottom end.

Thnaks.

Old 09-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mar
Thanks guys.

All the parts just showed up in the mail.

The PSI pipes are top quality, the fit and finish is awsome.

I just hope that the stock carbs are big enough and that the stock crank holds up.

Im getting the cylinders machined tommarrow and hopfully it will be fired up by the weekend!! I also got 3 sprockets a 13(stock), 14, and 15.

I think it should do about 84mph with the 15 if not more. But I will keep the one with the best all around which will probably be the 14th. Anyways, If you guys have any tips about the rebuild or tuning please let me know, I will keep you posted.

Ive got Friend with a DS650 Baja with a dynojet carb kit and mbrp pipe to compair, Right now he cleans the shee big time so if I can beat him it will be the real test.
if you don't get higher than 84 with a 15t front sprocket there is something wrong with your mechanic!

Old 09-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

Im just going by this gearing calculator. Maybe I got the RPMS wrong. What do you think this thing will be revving.

Old 09-29-2003, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know....but with my stock gearing and my mods bellow.....I could get 82-83........and a buddy of mine on his shee would pull me by like *1* mph top end.....LoL
pissed me off!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

14/41 gearing, 4 degree advance key from Vito's, widen the exhaust ports 1mm on each side to increase duration, etc, etc, etc.

Could give you advise all night long.

Quick Reply: Banshee Modding. Need advice.