Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sound Requirements 96db

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound Requirements 96db

Hey guys, can you give me some more info on the new CA regs. I ride mostly in AZ, but there's no way I'm under 96db. What's the deal for riding at Glamis, dumont, etc.?

Old 09-24-2003, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: artoux
Ironman,
Thanks so much for the LTE website connection. The dual exhaust is sweet and the sound decibels are down and the performance gain is good. I am going to lay down 729.00 for those bad boyz. They are worth it.
Thanks so much!!!!
Chuck-Raptorman[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I am REAL interested in how that works out for you. Please post when you have it running.
Thanks,
Shady

Old 09-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

what I want to know is why the hell do sound levels have to be low when your riding in the freaking desert? Nobody is around for miles and miles....I could understand if maybe there were residential areas nearby, but in the freaking desert! There's nobody around!!! That's just rediculous!!!

Old 09-24-2003, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AlphaRaptor660R
what I want to know is why the hell do sound levels have to be low when your riding in the freaking desert? Nobody is around for miles and miles....I could understand if maybe there were residential areas nearby, but in the freaking desert! There's nobody around!!! That's just rediculous!!!
Because CA, along with NJ and NY among other states, like to pass stupid laws just for the heck of it. Just like the new law I heard about this morning on the radio. In Los Angeles, the mayor is going to sign into law a bill that requires a 6 foot distance between strippers and patrons of strip clubs. What does that mean? You guessed it! NO MORE LAP DANCES IN LOS ANGELES!!!

Its just a bunch of losers looking to ruin people's fun. And for some reason, these losers seem to flock to CA, NJ, NY, and MA and somehow manage to get elected as leaders.

Old 09-24-2003, 09:57 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"The MBRP is a slip on for a stock exhaust. I have a FULL Exhaust (header + muffler) made by Supertrapp.
I will probbaly buy the Full exhaust from FMf. Header + Power "Q." It puts out 93 db."

MBRP makes full systems also. I believe they have a standard full system and a race version. Don't know what the db levels are for those.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shady, I piped, jetted, changed the air filter, and removed the lid and snorkel all at the same time so I don't know exactly how much I gained from just the pipe but all of it together made for alot more power. Very noticable gains all around !!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Los Angeles, the mayor is going to sign into law a bill that requires a 6 foot distance between strippers and patrons of strip clubs. What does that mean? You guessed it! NO MORE LAP DANCES IN LOS ANGELES!!!

Not only that but you can't even tip them directly!! You won't even be able to put the "gratuity" on the stage because they can't be within six feet of you!! I guess we'll have to wad it up or make airplanes and throw it at em[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
Not only that but you can't even tip them directly!! You won't even be able to put the "gratuity" on the stage because they can't be within six feet of you!! I guess we'll have to wad it up or make airplanes and throw it at em[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
OMG! I can imagine that. Throwing money airplanes at the strippers would be so much fun. Can you guess where the bullseye would be? MMmmmmm LOL

Its a real stupid law.

Old 09-24-2003, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

I have the MBRP system on my Raptor,and it looks,sounds and performs great, and it is legal in the Oregon dunes where the max db's are 93. Click on my camera to see a pic of my Raptor with the MBRP slip on installed. Headpipe is on the UPS truck as I type.

Old 09-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AlphaRaptor660R
Revenue.

Old 09-25-2003, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

Twice the flow = performance.

Old 09-25-2003, 02:57 AM
Range Rover

Shady,
I am going riding Oct. 24,25 and 26th. I will have it installed before then. I'll make a post.
Buying it in 2 weeks or so. I let ya all know for REAL!!
Chuck-Raptorman

Quick Reply: Sound Requirements 96db