Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sound Requirements 96db

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound Requirements 96db

I have an 01' Raptor with
a full Supertrapp exhaust on it. I know it is over the 96 db limit that the state has passed. What is an easy way to get the noise down. Take six discs out and reject? Take 6 discs out and buy a dial-a-jet? Or buy a FMF Power Q pipe? What are people
doing to keep their noise down on their atvs.
Chuck-Alba Raptor

Old 09-24-2003, 01:02 AM
Range Rover

The Rangers are enforcing the sound laws. I had to keep my distance, play low key and do low throttle when near or around rangers. Someone out there got a quieterer Raptor?

Old 09-24-2003, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

The MBRP folks say their silencers are way down there in decibels, and the dyno charts show that they make power too. But I've never been around any of them. Would love to hear one, anyone out there running MBRP systems?

I need a good pipe for our Raptor and want to not be horrible loud like the GYT-R ones etc.

Old 09-24-2003, 01:56 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the slip-on on my Z and I've been tested at Gorman. The ranger looked my quad over said it didn't have the USFS stamp on the pipe but that he could see that it had the spark arrestor in it and that as long as it's there he doesn't care if it's stamped. He said he wanted to test the db's and pulled out his meter. 96 db's on the nose!!! He said they usually test a couple times if it's over but he said mine was cool and to have a nice day and be safe........ Finally a cool ranger

I get alot of compliments on the sound and look of my pipe and I like the power, seems good from the bottom to the top. There's probably a more powerful pipe out there but it won't be as "quiet" or you'll need discs or packing to screw with. The MBRP just bolts on and that's it, can't beat that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003, 02:05 AM
Range Rover

The MBRP is a slip on for a stock exhaust. I have a FULL Exhaust (header + muffler) made by Supertrapp.
I will probbaly buy the Full exhaust from FMf. Header + Power "Q." It puts out 93 db.

Old 09-24-2003, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
I run the slip-on on my Z and I've been tested at Gorman. The ranger looked my quad over said it didn't have the USFS stamp on the pipe but that he could see that it had the spark arrestor in it and that as long as it's there he doesn't care if it's stamped. He said he wanted to test the db's and pulled out his meter. 96 db's on the nose!!! He said they usually test a couple times if it's over but he said mine was cool and to have a nice day and be safe........ Finally a cool ranger

I get alot of compliments on the sound and look of my pipe and I like the power, seems good from the bottom to the top. There's probably a more powerful pipe out there but it won't be as "quiet" or you'll need discs or packing to screw with. The MBRP just bolts on and that's it, can't beat that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
That looks nice on your Suzuki. With all the sound problems out there I wonder why there aren't more MBRP pipes around. From what I gather they make good power increases, maybe not quite what a wide open system would, but aren't hard on the ears, sound good, and won't get you a ticket. How many options do you have for that? FMF Q and the MBRP it looks like, and I hear the FMF Q doesn't make any power. Did you notice a pretty good power increase when you put that silencer on?

Old 09-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

The LTE Exhaust is dual, high flow, spark arrested system which currently has DB levels to 96DB.

Old 09-24-2003, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Jet it so that you can run with discs out and airbox lid off, or discs on and airbox lid on to make switching back and forth easy.

Old 09-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Range Rover

Ironman,
Thanks so much for the LTE website connection. The dual exhaust is sweet and the sound decibels are down and the performance gain is good. I am going to lay down 729.00 for those bad boyz. They are worth it.
Thanks so much!!!!
Chuck-Raptorman[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

No problem! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Sound Requirements 96db