Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone running Alba Stage 3 Raptor kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running Alba Stage 3 Raptor kit?

I've had an 04 Raptor for like 3 months now... I'm still deciding what pipe kit to go w/,,, good to hear about the Alba.

Also, when and, how do you adjust the valves. How do you know if they need it??

Old 09-25-2003, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

there is a how-to on raptortranny.com...

Old 09-25-2003, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

i bet you did get the factory second.i was at albe when the batch of seconds came in.they are the exact same pipe except for the hammering to get it to fit.their pipes are made in china.i guess china doesnt have a nordstrom return policy or maybe they cut alba a deal i dont know.anyway they were originally supposed to be perfect and they came out a little off so they are discounted.i havnt seen their website to see how they were marketed but this was all happening at the counter.we should see good things from albe in the future.they are moving to a way bigger place.hopefully their prices dont go up to support the new rent.

Old 09-25-2003, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah. THe Factory Second pipe kit is $219 and the good kit is $350. I don't care that I got the Factory Second as it does fit, I just want to get the $130 difference back.

Old 10-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

SO, any reports on how their Alba Pipe kits perform?? Was there a big difference in power? How loud are they in comparison to other pipes?

Old 10-22-2003, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

I am VERY happy with my Alba setup. The difference between stock and piped, jetted, and filtered is huge. Its much more responsive and pulls much harder from bottom to top. The Alba pipe is VERY loud though. I haven't come across a Raptor or any other quad as loud as mine yet.

Old 10-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

YIKES, Loud is bad for me because i won't be able to get on the Dunes.. BOOOOO

I wish their was another Co. out there that would put together a decent priced package such as the stage 3 Raptor package by Alba. W/ The full pipe setup w/ Sparky, Proflow w/ K&N, OutWear, Jets, Vac-hose filter; everyother Pipe setup is well over $700. That BITES!

Old 10-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I have the "Race End Cap." You can get the Alba pipe with the spark arrestor. I believe its a lot quieter. Call Alba and ask them. Alba

Old 10-22-2003, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

But, does the Spark arrested endcap kill the performance? That would be useless! I saw the "Shootout in Dirtwheels and, the Yoshi was one of the best power producers while it still had a sparky and, was not loud.

Old 10-22-2003, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

Nothing wrong with the Yosh pipe. The Spark Arrestor does not kill the performance of the Alba pipe, but there is a difference just like with any other pipe. I was suggesting to call Alba to ask them what the performance difference is. But if you want, go with the Yoshi. But like you said earlier, you gonna pay more for it if you get the Yoshi pipe, jet kit, filter mount, K&N filter, and crankcase breather. The Alba kt comes all together for less $.

Does the Yoshi come with header pipes also? Or do you have to use stock? The Alba exhaust is a full kit including headers.

Quick Reply: Anyone running Alba Stage 3 Raptor kit?