Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

-OT: Hovercraft Rotax Engine Help-

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -OT: Hovercraft Rotax Engine Help-

Ok guys me and my friend that runs my dads shop beside my house, recently were brought an late 80's scat track hovercraft with a 2 cycl. rotax to get running right, It just had 2 new bing carbs put on it with new K&N's. Well we got it running despite starter problems and tuned the carbs some- well i rode it around the yard for awhile and got it going pretty good, but then it just up and quits by the shop, well we work on it some more and the starter finally dies, well we get a new one and now its got this terrible noise comming from the back cyldr, well it wont start and has a tendencey to lock up after every 3/4 of a rotation, and u have to bump the starter to get it to go on, well we turned it over with a wrench and it seems to have a tight spot, i dont know what it is yet, but we cant find a place to oil to lube the crank in, if it even takes it, well its got water leaking outa the head around the gasket so im not sure what happend, does anybody know if these things have cronic problems??? or any ideas of what it could be......

Any help would be great...

Ryan

Old 09-25-2003, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -OT: Hovercraft Rotax Engine Help-

We used to play with one some. Seemed like evertime we turned around it blew a head gasket. i would suggest pulling the top end. Sounds like you may have a ring going. Either way, I would take it apart before you cause some major damage. If you can ever get those things going they sure are a blast to ride!

~HoundDog