Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee or something else?

I think the banshee will be fine on trails.....
if you really want it to rip you will have to keep it in a low gear and high rpm to keep it in the power band........

Old 09-27-2003, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, thanks for the post, I am going to sell my Warrior next year, buy a used Banshee with the parts already on it. I am a kid so I cant afford new, so Im going to go with a 01-02 used banshee with pipes, sliencers, filters, and jet kit. Anyways, do you know anything about the reeds, will the FMF torque reeds or delta v-force reeds give me more lowend-modrange?

Old 09-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

ANYONE ELSE?

Ok, thanks for the post, I am going to sell my Warrior next year, buy a used Banshee with the parts already on it. I am a kid so I cant afford new, so Im going to go with a 01-02 used banshee with pipes, sliencers, filters, and jet kit. Anyways, do you know anything about the reeds, will the FMF torque reeds or delta v-force reeds give me more lowend-modrange? Also, would the Gnarly pipes with PowerCore 2 silencer be good for more lowend as well?

Old 09-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like your on the right track! And a banshee, despite all the people who "think" they know what banshees are all about, are good handlers and jumpers. Ive gotten over 12 feet of air on a down hill jump and the banshee soaks it up just fine. The FFM SST is a good low/mid range pipe, adn reeds will help a little. You can also get a 13 tooth sprocket(14 is stock) and that will help on the trails as well.

Good luck, the banshee is awesome and can be built to do anything.

RoostKing...

Old 09-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, but the pipes I recomended said they were the best for lowend on FMF site and what reeds would be better?

Old 09-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone here want to tell me what reeds would be better for lowend-midrange, either the Delta V-Force or FMF torque reeds? Also, would a Banshee be good on trails with FMF Gnarly or SST pipes, FMF PowerCore 2 silencers, reeds, K+N airfilters with outerwears, K+N jet kit, and a boost bottle? And how often would I have to rebuild if I ride trails sometimes and big open spaces?

Old 09-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone?

Old 09-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone here want to tell me what reeds would be better for lowend-midrange, either the Delta V-Force or FMF torque reeds? Also, would a Banshee be good on trails with Toomey T6 exhaust kit which has the pipes, silencers, K+N filters, and the exact jetting to rejet it perfectly, Delta V-force or FMF torque reeds, K+N airfilters, and a boost bottle? And how often would I have to rebuild if I ride trails sometimes and big open spaces? And what reeds are better for lowend and midrange? Delta V-Force reeds or FMF torque reeds?

Old 09-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

As far as reeds go they are the WORST bang for the buck when it comes to modding. 200bucks for maybe 2-3hp, I THINK NOT!! I reccomend getting the fmf gnarlys/sst's, shave the stock head/get a cool head/ gear it 1tooth up on the front so you won't have to row the gears so much, Pro-flow filter adapter w/ either foam or paper filter, Razr 2's on douglas .190's all the way around. Later down the road give dan@patriot racing a call and get you a "hot trail" port for about 250$. Porting is what seperates the men from the boys and its cheaper than a set of pipes+you get more H.P.!!

Mike

Old 09-28-2003, 02:40 PM
Trailblazer

u should go with a raptor

Quick Reply: Banshee or something else?