Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Project Wicked Wolverine!! Need help and ideas!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003 | 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Project Wicked Wolverine!! Need help and ideas!

right on!! and I cant wait till money is no object to me hehehehe

Old 11-05-2003 | 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

How did it come out!!

Old 11-05-2003 | 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

aaron,

I have always wanted to make a gncc racer from a wolvy. Two things that these guys haven't covered that I am concerned about. First, you plan on using a White bros E-Series right? It has been my experince that external disc silencers such as E-Series and some Cobras have a bad habit of clogging with mud. Now if you really intend of using this bike for GNCC, this could be quite a concern. I would look at using either a flow through pipe (which would give you more exhaust flow anyway) or if you like the tunablity of a disced system, try an internal disc pipe such as the supertrapp. Second, you mentioned using wheel spacers. I would just caution you that the extra width might be more of a detriment that a help when it comes to jumping through some tighter woods trails. Just some food for thought. Good luck with the project and be sure to take lots of pictures!

~HoundDog

Old 11-06-2003 | 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Hound Dog I was worried about the same thing on the discs. Mine was also sooting up my plastic and storage box. I ended up buying the deflector sheild for my White Bros. Its the 360 degree guard that covers all the discs. It's quite a bit larger that the discs and lets the exhaust exit straight out the rear. White Bros says it doesn't affect the power. It seemed to change the sound a little but I couldn't tell any loss of power.
Aaron where ya been? We need an update on your awesome project![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2003 | 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

I think there are a few items that might need to be modified. But this is just my opinion.

Moose Thumb Throttle - The stock thumb throttle has good action I think. But you might need something different if you use a different carb not for sure.

Ricochet A-Arm Guards
Ricochet Full chassis Skit Plate - I really liked my DG Baja Skids
Ricochet Swingarm Guard

Works Shock covers - Neoprene Shock Covers will save the paint on your shocks.

Maxxis All-Trak Tires (25x8x12 front and 25x10x12 rear) - I like the way the Maxxis Bighorn Radial look and I here they hook up well on all surfaces Also look at Holeshot ATR's WHat ever you buy have an exra set of them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Durablue Eliminator Axle - See if any one else makes an Axle for the Wolvy. I have heard Durablue doesn't like to replace if they get bent!?!?

Durablue Wheel Spacers, 2.5"- If you go too wide you will hit more trees and if you have to 424 Select you should like stock width. Plus you will get even more covered in mud if you could imagine that.

Durablue Anti-roll/Sway Bar - Not needed

Warn 424 Select - Good mod. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

High Lifter Detroit Gearless Locker Locking Differential - Why would you want to lock the front end if you are racing???

Works Front Shocks - If money is no object I would go ith a more high end shock Like maybe Elka.
Works Rear Shock

Whit Bros. E-series Pro-Meg Pipe - HMF!!!

I would love to hear how your project comes out. One other thing is that the Wolvy will be limited by the gearing. A wolverine will only go so fast because of the gears but you will be able to get threw those gears faster. You might want to see if anyone makes different gear options. Because with all this power you are adding you will only have 3 really useable gears 3,4,5 you might be able to use 2nd gear when you take off. I am not trying to hack your project just some different ideas for you.
Good Luck
Justin

Old 11-06-2003 | 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

FST top end gear box setup, jsact is correct, you wont be using the first two gears very often.

Old 11-06-2003 | 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

SpDdEmOn, I have never heard of the Top-End Gear Box. Do you have any pictures of your beast I would like to see it. She sounds sweet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2003 | 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry man I have no way to load pics on here or I would send you some.

The top end gear box kit just takes 4th and 5th gear wheels with their mating pinions out of a 2002 big bear 2wd and puts them in the Wolverine to gear it higher because they have more teeth. You also have to use the shift cam, segment, and the counter-sunk screw on the end of it as well to make it work properly.

Old 11-25-2003 | 08:43 PM
|
Pro Rider

Ok guys, gettin ready to start the project up again! I have to have something to work on while im healing my wounds, i came off my bayou 220 at 45mph. I am buying a FMF Powerbomb Header, WB Eseries Pro Meg Silenecer with extra 12 disc pack, Pro Flow Adapter with KN, and Dial-a-Jet. Should I run the CFM Airbox like Spddemon or should i just run with no lid, or run the Powrroll Clear Airbox lid? i do not ride in mud or dirt as of right now, i will worry about that when its closer to GNCC time. Its christmas time, i wanted to spend a little money. Anyone know any other mods i can do for under 150 bucks that will add hp without breaking into the engine? Thanks all!

Old 11-26-2003 | 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

I know it won't increase the HP but if I had an extra $150 burning a hole in my pocket I'd get a steering stabilizer. Everyone I've talked to about them say they are great. If your gonna be high speed trail riding you sure don't want the bars jerked out of your hands when you hit a rut WFO.

Quick Reply: Project Wicked Wolverine!! Need help and ideas!