Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YAMAHA RAPTOR FROM LAS VEGAS MEETING ALL OF THE SPECS FROM THE BROCHURE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2000, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that sounds like one awsome machine! I bet Bombardier is burning the midnight oil to beat this thing for next years model line of the DS. I wouldn't be surprised if the DS comes with an aluminum frame next year as well.

I wonder how the other Japanese manufactures are going to respond to this? Looks the the future of performance ATV's is really taking off

87 Banshee
99 Banshee

Old 06-08-2000, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

I've only seen what is printed in the brochure. We had our sales manager at the show and he saw it first hand. Based upon these two sources of info I have dibs on the first one we get in, probably towards Sept.

I was'nt sure if I liked it from the cheesy "spy" photo's we've all seen, but the pics in the brochure and good quality, of course.

My only initial complaints are the handlebars, and possibly the choice of 20" rear tires.

Old 06-08-2000, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Not just the Japanese manufacturers. I want to know when ALL of them will wake up. Kawasaki, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat. All of these companies have produced fast high performance machine before, or still do. (AC and Polaris have very fast snowmobiles). So I know they have the know how. They need to get off their *** and build something. Until then, the Raptor looks to be the machine that I will drool over for now.

Old 06-08-2000, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer

Man !Would you look at that! Its as though Yamaha is in tune with everybody and Suzuki,Kaw and Honda are going through the motions..The Only thing I would rather see in my garage is a Honda 650 ex... Slap that new honda xr motor in a resurrected 250r frame and get back! Hats off to yamaha for raising the bar!

Old 06-08-2000, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider

Here you guys go.... Pics from the Brochure

http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/yamaha

Old 06-08-2000, 04:05 AM
Trailblazer

first and foremost id like to sing a little song of appreciation that appeared in SouthPark the Movie " Blame Canada, Blame Canada" ok enough of that, thanks to Bombardier for bringing us to this point which is the reality of Big Thumperz in Big Quads Freakin Rule. But Yamaha took everything that was bit-ched about on the DS650 and did it right while improving handling, weight, etc. Atleast the market is finally where it should have been in 1989, before all of the lawsuits and crap ruined the market. So keep in mind this is a step up Quad if you havent owned a fairly aggressive ATV before or your kid hasnt dont run out and buy one just because it is biggest and nicest, these machines will take some skill to ride safely. Also as of Now All manufacturers except Artic Cat have announced or hinted about high performance sport quads, even polaris has a DS 650 in their R&D lab, so expect a hauler from them soon too. As per the July 2000 dirtwheels, Cannondale is officially substantially faster in drags against 400ex or DS650. According to the cannondale press release on 5-31-00 with the release of their motorcycle that day they said the FX400 will come before the other 2 versions of motorcycle are released. Folks it is A Good Time for quad enthusiasts. Ride safe and help develop the sport. As for Me, Im Getting a Black Raptor and ill keep it atleast til I ride a Cannondale thats better.(after all they are American Made)------------ Sorry Honda you gave it a good shot but 2002 may be your year, who knows?

WOOOO ! HOOO! RAPTOR!!!!

Old 06-08-2000, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

YAMAHA does all of their own R&D and testing, BEFORE the unit is released to the public. They have those departments, unlike the other companies who let the consumers do their testing. That is why the DS has just been issued its FOURTH recall. Fit, finish, reliability and durability, I'd take a Yam or Hon before anything else.

Old 06-12-2000, 12:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Where did you get those times from? One second is a long time - hard to believe it without more information.

Old 06-12-2000, 10:11 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry but your rapter suspension is what is obsolete. What are they, banshee shocks?? What a waste! Hopefully 10-12 inch. aftermarket shocks will be availible soon!

bigdaddy DS650, 475RX, 200EX.

Old 05-06-2002, 11:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

im glad this guy posted this, iv never herd of something like that before

Quick Reply: YAMAHA RAPTOR FROM LAS VEGAS MEETING ALL OF THE SPECS FROM THE BROCHURE!