Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster vs Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003 | 01:10 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Blaster vs Banshee

im not comparing the performance between the two, im not stupid. anyway, im just wondering how close the engines are, the way they... act. their personalities. i always hear people complaining about the banshees "lightswitch" powerband, how youre always working really hard to keep it in its powerband to keep moving. is this really true, or is it just something people that arent used to two strokes say? i have a 2003 blaster and also a 2002 kawasaki kdx200 (both for sale if youre interested) so im used to two strokes. im selling both of em to get a shee, and i was just wondering if theres any truth to the rumors.

Old 10-06-2003 | 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

A blaster is a far more tame machine. If you can handle it well then the Shee will be no real problem. THe Banshee does lack in low end power but coming from a Blaster you should be able to clutch fairly well and you'll learn the Shee in no time. The Banshee is a great machine and you'll have alot more fun with it.

Old 10-06-2003 | 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

well, the powerband is like a light switch whenever you have it below the powerband and then hit the gas, then it kicks in real hard,but, if you already have it over the powerband, you dont notice it. i think you made a good choice to get a banshee. i love mine, and they arent as bad in the woods once you get used to them, i even raced on a really tight trail, and the only thing in front of me was a blaster! i ussually caught up to him in the field and mx track though. anyway, i can get mine to do good n any terrain.GL

Old 10-06-2003 | 01:17 AM
|
Pro Rider

thanks, thats what i thought. feels good to get some confirmation though.

Old 10-06-2003 | 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

There's truth about what people say to some extent. It all depends on how the machine is tuned. Once a Banshee is tuned and running correctly you can forget nearly everything people say. Yes, on many Banshees the power is on/off like a switch, but definately not hard to stay in the band. There isn't a whole lot to compare between Blaster and Banshee motors if you ask me. Two totally different machines as far as power curve, explosive power, and usable power. Once some basic mods are done to the Banshee it actually becomes an easier machine to ride, but with a lot more power at your fingertips.