Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My warrior keeps bogging out when i hit the throttle fast?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My warrior keeps bogging out when i hit the throttle fast?

My warrior keeps bogging out when i hit the throttle fast? What is the problem or do all warriors do this?

Old 10-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The main reason the Warrior (and 95 Wolverines) bog like that is the accelerator pump,it is a rod and plunger supported by a very weak spring, if you take the plastic cover off the side of the carb, and the rod going into the bowl is stuck down, that is your problem. The easy fix is to remove the bowl, take the rod out, and replace the spring with a spring from a click type ink pen, it is the exact size, and it is about 5 times stronger. I've run one for years with no more problems. It is also possible for the passage to the squirter in the carb to be plugged.

Old 10-07-2003, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

its normal for all warriors du 2 valv four stroke

Old 10-07-2003, 06:31 AM
Pro Rider

Only time my Warrior bogs on me is if it's cold or if I have a really wicked hookup on the rear tires when trying to spin out or wheelie, otherwise I find the throttle very responsive on mine. I'd go with the first post .. sounds carb. related to me ...

Old 10-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Trailblazer

i replaced the spring but it stills gives away when i hit the gas fast. does it matter how stiff the spring is.

Old 10-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

The spring stiffness does not matter. It only matters if the plunger is always riding agaisnt the cam under the plastic cover on the side of the carb. If it is, the accellerator pump is always ready. You might want to check and see if the little black boot leaks fuel when the throttle is actuated. With the black plastic cover on the side of the carb off, work the thottle and watch what happens. 1st, the plunger should move up and down with the cam. 2nd, you should not see any fuel squirting out into the area of the boot. If you do, the boot is bad and needs replaced.

Something else to check is to make sure the fuel is actually reaching the orifice in the carb. With the intake boot off (the boot between the airbox and the carb)... work the throttle and see if raw fuel is being squirted into the back side of the carb. If so, things seem to be working properly.

Good luck.

Old 10-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

my mojave does this only when its cold and i blip it really fast. id go with the first poast

Trending Topics

Old 10-11-2003, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

You can not replace the boot over the plunger rod. It comes as a full assembly.

the problem you are describing is of a lean 4stroke engine. it is the same for car carbs as well. In general the engine is being starved of gas.

Old 10-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Trailblazer

the little boot isn't leaking, where is the back of the carb though. toward thw air box or toward the head cylinder? my quad is still bogging and i checked my spark plug and i read in my owners manual that there is too rich fuel mixture. can that be the problem?

Old 10-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe you need to describe your problem in a bit more detail... does it bog when punching the throttle while riding, or just when sitting still. Mine did it while sitting still as there was no load on the motor and the extra fuel from the accelerator pump did make a rich condition.. mine didn't pop, it was just plain doggy. But it reacted totally different while riding.. Punch the throttle and it barked .. plenty of power and just right.

Another thing to make sure of is that the air filter is clean.

What I referred to as the back of the carb in the previous note was the side that is connected to the air filter.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: My warrior keeps bogging out when i hit the throttle fast?