Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

whats the best pipe out there for the raptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best pipe out there for the raptor

Fastest shmastest, The difference between Sparks, MBRP, CT and any other of the top performing pipes is so minor you cant gauge it I bet. Proper tune, weight of rider, "how you launch", gearing... all those have much more chance of making a difference in a race. No race is the same, nobody gets the same start etc etc. Having someone repeat hearsay about he "beats his friend now, and before didnt" is kinda lame. I like all the things MBRP and Craycraft have been doing for the market and thats great, but sometimes is very obvious to see that this Forum is like " primetime commercial advertising place" for MBRP and Craycraft. Im sure PLENTY of business comes their way via this forum alone already.. why the need to "constantly" promote best, best , best, fastest , fastest over and over.

If the MBRP pipe is that good, then good. But you cant say " If you dont wanna get the fastest pipe, sure go with Sparks".. there is no basis for that comment when its coming from someone who probably works for MBRP or Craycraft LOL ( just kidding). But you must have some close relationship with those companies, that much is obvious.

Have MBRP post some legal dynos, with identical setups, with pipe swaps. And prove it to everyone. ( by legal I mean, MBRP vouched for dynos, that hold up legally for their product).

It would be different is "John Doe Shmoe" said it in the polaris forum, or wherever, but 14mins ( Mr. MBRP/Craycraft), heard it from a conversation on the phone, to Bob Craycraft ? cough*bullpucky*cough Shameless advertising lol

Just being a pr*ck today, no offense [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ( really)

/later

Old 10-10-2003, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Come on Mark that difference was the rider!!!! Sparks X-6 is the best I have tried out of 5 others but I cannot say about the mbrp full bore because I have never tried it and I will not speculate on pipe I have not tried with out trying them like OTHER people do!!!! I can say I did run a guy with a full mbrp not the full bore and got him by atleast 4 or 5 bike BUT just like the other post it could JUST be the rider!!!!

Sparks X-6 hands down!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat

Old 10-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Alba

Old 10-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Range Rover

Hi Guys, I would have to agree with Bob. The MBRP Full bore muffler and 1.25" header is an great set up for a 660- 686 10.5-12.5:1. We are making 63-64 rwhp. If you have a hi compression and or big bore ie: 727cc then the 1.5"(race) header or the drag pipe is probably your best bet. Bob can fill you in on this as he has done WAY more big bore Raptor testing the we have. Give him a call and take it from the "MASTER of Raptor".
PS you wont find a nicer or more helpfull guy!

Old 10-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Pipe it- These threads on best pipe are generally answered by guys that do not see the full spetrum of pipes at the same time out there. If a guys calls and said the mbrp did the job when he used to run sparks why would i not believe him?? He said he and his buddy ran identical before with the same pipe. If DMC comes out with a better pipe that MBRP i will jump on that wagon and permote DMC. I have tried lots of differnet raptor parts and i have figured out which ones work better than others. When a guy wants to know why not tell them the thruth?? The differences are more than you think. The more you mod your quad the bigger the differece show up.

Pat- you never ran five at the same time. MBRP has never sent me a check for selling a pipe for them.

Old 10-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

Most of what your saying is true Mark and if i had ran the full bore and it was better then the Sparks I would have said so.

Yes your right I didn't have all 6 pipes at once but I did have all for a time and jetted each perfectly and out of those 5 others I tried the Sparks killed all of them.

Man I wish Sparks sent me a check

Pat

Old 10-11-2003, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

CURTIS SPARKS!

Old 10-13-2003, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

I have a full CT pipe(modified because it hits the FCR carbs and bored it out in a few places[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) and it has a very deep sound to it(mine is a 686). I have heard my dad & uncles Sparks 690's and they run great but it is a hole different engine. The sparks pipe is very loud. We all like the way mine has very deep sound to it. I think I'm going to order the MBRP sometime very soon, the next two weeks, just got to talk with bob first. I did so much cutting and welding on the CT pipe I'm not sure if it's a good thing.

Old 10-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

DMC Alien!

Old 10-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know about the MBRPs as I've only seen a DS650 slip on so far. The Sparks is a legal spark arrestor with the supertrapp discs, last I heard the MBRP was still pending approval. Also with the Sparks if you later add FCRs the pipe will NOT interfere with the carbs MBRP is unknown the Yoshimura needs to be dented. The Sparks pipe doesnt interfere with any of the aftermarket oil coolers I've seen and isnt overly loud....not quiet by any stretch of the imagination but not hideously loud either. If the MBRP was quieter, made better power, and USFS approved I'd buy one right now, of course I'd want proof! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: whats the best pipe out there for the raptor