Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Going Price for new blasters

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going Price for new blasters

I was thinking of buying a new blaster for my oldest son, and was wondering what other people have paid out the door. Most if not all dealers in my area start at the msrp and then add on all their extra charges, and then claim to really be dealing. A dealer in Chicago quoted me a price of 2395 otd, but it is an 5 hour drive one way!

Old 10-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Trailblazer

$2395 otd for new? I would have drove all night for that deal. I bought a new 03 Blaster last weekend for $3300 otd and had to hit six different dealers to get it. Not a great deal but the best I could come up with. They start with msrp, $3199 and finish with almost $4000 otd after all the fees. I had two dealers tell me they didn't care if I bought it at that price, someone else would. One dealer was kind enough to explain to me that they get allotments each year and once they've sold their allotment they're done, can't get anymore. No incentive to lower the price. Whatever!! If that's true you would want to find the dealer with the most allotments, they might be more willing to deal. Also ask for $$ off on accessories. Be aggressive about it, they make bucks on the accessories. I got a set of ITP Sand Stars on rims for $130 as part of the deal. That's better than any catalog with shipping. I had one dealer tell me they can't lower the price, you have to make an offer. I said $3300 otd, he laughed and said you'll have to do better than that Bud. Nice way to treat your customers!

Good luck.

Old 10-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

Most of the dealers here don't care if you buy it from them or not. I had the closest dealer tell me that himself. I've bought 3 quads and a bike from him, and when I was looking for an badger for my son, he actually jacked the asking price 200 more for me than the guy behind me. Needles to say, I won't go back in there. I'm not looking to rip a dealer off, I just want a good deal and I know that alot of dealers in the country will sell below msrp. (just not any around here) Most dealers seem to get mad even if you ask them to go lower on the price, and I really don't need alot of accessories. I know that the more exspensive the vechecle is, the more profit there is for dealers, therefore they can make better deals. But there has to be room for dealing on lesser vechecles. Heck, I just bought an new Chevy Cavalier, plain jane, no options, and got the worlds largest company to knock off almost eight grand. Shurly Yahama could knock of somthing!

Old 10-17-2003, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Try Chicago Cycle Center. They have the best prices anywhere by far... (I hear there service sucks though).. Back in June when Raptors were going for MSRP I got mine for 6100 out he door w/ tax and, Title. They also gave me 30% off on my helmet Goggles and, Gloves right then. The next Cheapest i delt was 6800 out the door and, tried 6 other stores. Call Rudy (I think) tell him Paul Bagwell (a recent customer) sent you and, he'll send me a $50 check. thanks! lol

Old 10-17-2003, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

I've talked to them in the past and thats who gave me the 2395 price. I have a sister in Chicago and I could probably go visit her and swing by and happen to buy one, but thats alot to do for a good deal. By the way, If I do get it from them, I'll tell them you sent me and get you your 50 bucks. I really do try to help people out if I can.

Old 10-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Trailblazer

$2395? What are you waiting for? Round trip you're talking what, 500 miles, at 10 mpg (truck?), at $2 a gallon, that's $100. Pack a lunch and go!! $2395 otd, I'm in shock!! Let's see, Seattle to Chicago R/T is 4000 miles, at 20 mpg..... Of course having to stop to see the inlaws would ruin the whole trip.

Old 10-17-2003, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

if u dont plan on registering it your best bet is to buy it from a state that doesnt charge sales tax. I live in NY and i got my Blaster in pennsylvania for right about 3000 and i had 2 trade ins. that is really cool cause i didnt have to pay the tax but if your gonna register it u will have to pay tax so it wouldnt be worth it to go to a tax free state if yours isint.

Old 10-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

YES CHICHAGO CYCLE CENTER service does suck but they have the cheapest prices in illinois im damn sure of this.... and yes they will send you $50 gift cert. but you dont wanna drive back there 5 hours for 50 bucks i dont believe. i got my 450 there and havent had ne problems with it but it was 800 bucks cheaper then my local dealer or any dealer within my area so i drove 3 hours to get it.

Old 10-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

I'm looking for a new Wolverine and the best deal I had found was in Toledo, 90 minutes away from my home in the Detroit area at $4699 plus $53 for the paperwork out the door. (I pay sales tax in Michigan when registering). But then I saw an ad for Chicago Cycle Center in ATV Trader at $4,145! They add their 'fees' on top of that but it still ended up at $4416. That's a savings of $283. But I don't have time to drive to Chicago and back!

Old 10-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

it always helps to pay in cash...theyll bend over backwards for you if you do...my dealer said somthing like $5000 for my Big Bear... I said whats the lowest you can do, then he says thats about it(5000), and then i said i had cash...and he said "hang one second, lemme go see what i can do for you....he came back saying hed go $4100

and the service there is awesome, but im im MS, so.........

Quick Reply: Going Price for new blasters