Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

? to all dirtbikers

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? to all dirtbikers

nope, actually im looking for opinnions just like yours. So u dont think that riding a raptor would help at all?

Old 10-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer

on right u go into corner hit brakes get your backend light to about where u want it to slide too then get on the gas you shouldnt have to put your foot down when your using rear brake to slide once you pin it is where u get in trouble so more or less keep foot on brake slide where u want to then gas and foot down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Trailblazer

yes it does help big time one thing u gotta learn tho is a dirtbike is a whole diff story its easier to buck you off and power is alot harder to learn but you could buy a 450 then just get the feel of it for a while i went from 4 stroke to a 2 stroke i thought i was gonna die lol but you just seem to get used to it which for a beginer i wouldnt recommend starting on 450 but it can be done. all in your opinion on how safe ur gonna ride at first..

Old 10-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

o and the twist throttle you adjust to it when it trys to throw u off your automatic reaction to puill ur wrist up just like anything else i am off dirtbikes got boring to me i have seen to found quads funner which this is personal opinion.

Old 10-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Trailblazer

and i am replying to all your stuff if you go down in a mx turn mostly no damage scufff up frame sometimes break clutch levers and front brake levers which is cheap and thats about it and like your raptor your loose like that on dirtbikes too once you adjust to riding one you just let it fly around and if you come in something bad you know what to do if u ride alot just like anything else hope this helps feel free to ask more ?'s glad to awnswer

Old 10-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motojustin4
sorry not nothing against you but i been riding dirtbikes all my life i am going to atv's but a 450 seems a little much i rode xr's for years before i moved up to those beasts those things are a pain to handle you need to start out on xr you willl learn much quicker on how to do everything then move up this is my opinion from riding but you dont have to take my word [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I 100% agree with motojustin. My very first bike was a KX250. I had never ridden a dirtbike before in my life, only street bikes. This bike was out of my league big time. Well 45min in to my ride my first day out on it I crashed severely, breaking my collar bone and losing all feeling in my left leg. If I had to do it over again, I would have definitely started out on something less powerful. Just my $0.02

Old 10-20-2003, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

ic ic. I thought you were supposed to drop your inside leg on a turn on a dirtbike. I thought thats what i always saw jeremy do on tv. I didnt mean that you use the dropped leg to help you skid, but more to just make sure the skid stays controlled and keep you from falling if you lose it a bit. I probably should get a smaller one but it such a pain in the **** to just keep buying and selling vehicles.

And i know when you feel yourself falling back to twist your wrist forward...but isnt that kinda impossible when your falling back and all the weight of your body falling backwards in holding on to those grips in kinda the opposite direction?

Old 10-20-2003, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

I had a dirt bike also.......and when you have the throttle problem.........."if this makes any sence" try to put the pressure on your fingers........like on the front to bottom of the grips........

Old 10-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

hey crash929, what exactly happened that made u lose the dirtbike and get severly hurt?

Old 10-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Selector- have u every broken any arms or gotten hurt at the track with your bike?
Like I said, I take it easy relative to others. Where many guys would triple, I'll double. I have not broken anything, but I've been tossed far and hard and hurt. No so bad that I couldn't drive home though, but enough that I had to take time off.

Quick Reply: ? to all dirtbikers