Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How many people have broken a wrist?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many people have broken a wrist?

I broke my left wrist (scafoid) 9/15/02 didn't know it until 2 weeks latter. They put it in a cast & 6 weeks later it had not healed, so surgery can & a screw install & in a cast for another 6 months. Now i have been doing physical therapy for like 4 1/2 months. my first ride was 6/24/03 with split. Still doing the therapy! O well that what I get for hitting a tree while trail racing. Now I'm stuck with drag racing, wrist will not let me trail race anymore![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
later!

Old 10-26-2003, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

ill just say its a common thing in ATV and Moto. i personally witnessed a ATV and Dirtbike hit headon this weekend. One rider broke wrist while other had severe head injuries resulting in Amniesia.

Travis

Old 10-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

About 1 year ago i was riding my modded lakota300 and hit an aprotche that i havn't hit befor and did a front frlip landing on my head (i blacked out but thats wat my freinds told me ,and a broken helmet). My quad fell on me and bounced off and rolded away. When i came to I didn't know wat to think, i tryed to get up but i just fell and thats when i noticed i didn't have a hand! my wrist had been severed and my hand was just dangeling under my arm just held there my my skin! well to make a long storie short my freinds rode me the the nearest hospital and 4 operations later and 6 months in a cast im back riding again but with a lil more respect for the sport! By the way im 16 now and i was 15 when this happend so yea i could have ended my life early but i guess thats just how it goes! RIDE ON!

Old 10-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

TJw6981, what were the details? I thought there was three care flights this weekend. I had a great time though, just can't keep from thinking about them & their family & what they are going through.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I hope everyone makes it back safe over the weekend! PEACE! Later!

Old 10-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

shattered mine in 92 7 pins 4 screws later it works good . my arm was in a z so i knew i had a problem.

Old 10-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Im not sure of the results the girl has temporary Amneisia (Lets pray for her and the other riders that were hurt). They were going to fast through the camp grounds. I warned the girl 2 times, we were trying to keep everyone safe. The Motorcycler ,i think,had a broken wrist. The others im not to sure. I myself was hit by a drunk atver. Did you go through the Haunted Woods Ride? There was a total of 4 careflights and 3 ambulence rides. Agian lets pray for all the people injured this weekend. BTW i was at the Stip sat morning i saw your brother but wasnt sure who you were =/ sorry lol. There were alot of DS's out there this weekend. I messed up my drivetrain. i couldnt get it out of 2nd unless i was sitting still so the drags were a bummer to me. I was really looking forward to them. There was also a Wreck at the strips saturday night. A banshee stopped infront of my uncles friend. Nobody was hurt. Wish i could have came met you in person. I had Blue underglows hooked up that night =)

Travis

Old 10-27-2003, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

all ive gotten is a scraped leg from going to fast on a wheelie and a ride an atc

Old 10-28-2003, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Well, on June 9th I was working at a steel/welding shop when some hydraulics collapsed, dropping a 250 pound steel frame on the back of my left hand. Splintered my ring and middle fingers and shattered my index knuckle; it also gave me a three inch gash. Three months, two surgeries, two pins and 12 stitches later I was finally able to ride my quad again. Then I fractured my knuckle playing basketball which required a splint for two weeks. I cant wait till it completely heals and I can ride aggressively again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2003, 02:39 PM
Range Rover

I hope the damn CPSC doesn't see this post... They live for info like this.

Old 10-28-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Broke my right wrist last year on Nov 9th. I went four days before I wised up and went to a doctor to get an x-ray. I had a big trip planned for Thanksgiving and I guess that I didn't want to hear any bad news. Needless to say I had a cast put on (believe it or not the first thing I asked was "does this mean that I can't ride"). The guy that put my cast on left my throttle thumb expossed more so that I could ride and I rode for 10 weeks with that stupid thing on.

Quick Reply: How many people have broken a wrist?