Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why double?

ridley, You said it.

Old 10-27-2003, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default Why double?

If quads were meant for 2 riders, then they would put 2 seats on the thing. If you ride double, then you must be willing to accept the consequences. Which is not a trivial matter.

Old 10-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why double?

Agreed....I have yet to see a quad with foot pegs for a passenger....Thats just were I want my legs to be.

There is a whole family of yahoos at the top of my road...16 kids and two quads...I've just about seen it all at this point

Old 10-27-2003, 09:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why double?

bomb and i think arctic cat both have 2up quads on the market. They are like limos as far as size goes.

Old 10-27-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why double?

i completely agree with Ridley. We double most of the time and nothing severe has ever happened (thankfully) . if you know what you are doing, then there shouldn't be a problem. you just always have to keep in the back of your mind that you have a passenger and that they add a little more excitement to the ride. we always double when we ride on my grandma's property. it is a blast to fly up a steep hill and have the person on back screaming their head off. and then, when the ride is over, you can rag on them for screaming so much. as for the accident part, i think that it is almost like riding with a passenger in your car. you can't let the passenger distract you and if you follow all the safety procedures, then you will be fine. just know your limits.

Old 10-28-2003, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why double?

I agree Ridley I ride safer when I double. I see the pros and cons of doubling. But I believe it should be a personal choice not a law. The atv manufacturers say their machines are rider only for liabilaty reasons Probably because when someone crashes and sues them saying atvs are unsafe it would be one lawsuit instead of two. If they think atvs are unsafe thay shouldn't be on one in the first place.
Having been riding for 30+ years, I have seen a lot of different accidents. I haven't seen doubling cause that many more accidents atv or motorcycle. Operator error is the usual cause. Personal resposibility for your own actions is what is needed not laws and lawsuits every time someone breaks a finger nail.

PRO CHOICE: ATVs MOTORCYCLEs AUTOs doubling helmets seatbelts
IT SHOULD BE YOUR OWN CHOICE BUT BE RESPOSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS

Old 10-29-2003, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why double?

Originally posted by: Razielo
warriors suck JACKAZZ
I don't think they made a Yamaha Breeze in 1971 there GENIUS !

Old 10-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why double?

The only time I ride double is when I have my girl with me, and it's not like I'm going to go out and be a complete fool with her on the back. I absolutley hate riding on the back of someone else, though. I feel like I have no control.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Range Rover
Default Why double?

My friend has this 125 4 stroke enduro made by some company called nussun. He paid 1200 brand new with tax for it. It has foot pegs for a rider but it barely has enough power to ride one. I lost my liscence for a couple years once because I didn't pay a seatbelt fine. I'd ride with people that couldn't drive a lick , I'd try to help them out, you know tell them it's clear , tell them to go at the right time and they would tell me that they had a liscence and I didn't so shut up. Meanwhile they are almost hitting people in parking lots and getting in accidents! I don't think that there is inherently anything wrong with doubling as long as you put safety first and know your and the machines limits.

Old 03-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why double?

Every now and then I will ride double with my wife behind me, or if I have my niece or nephew that I am taking for a ride....but when I do ride double I know I am going at about half the speed then when I am by myself, also we always wear the helmets for both driver and passenger. I wish I could say for everyone to just use their common sense, but there seems to be a lack of this in our culture at the momemt.

Also, there is something about 2 grown men riding double that does not sound appealing to me, and you know not to sound sexist but bikers refer to the passenger as "riding b!tch" when they double[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Why double?