Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Does anybody else dislike hondas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 02:11 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody else dislike hondas?

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
I was kinda starting to think yamaha was a piece of crap since my warrior kept falling apart.
I feel your pain owning a raptor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2003, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

Okay, I'll bite.....I Hate Hondas! They handle terrible, they have crap suspension and brakes and all these fools buy into the Honda quality bull. Sure, they run forever, like a zombie motor that should die and won't, meanwhile the rest of the bike is crap and beat to snot. I hate working on them. They have such convoluted engineering, they do things so weird. Their automatics are just plain from Mars from their sucky ES to the Ruby and Rinkydink.
Oh and attitude, geez, does anybody have more attitude than Honda fans or Honda corporate schmucks?
And that little prikc Ricky Carmichael, could he be a more perfect little prikc Honda rider?
Rather ride DEAD than Ride red!!!

There, Now I feel better, How about you?

Old 10-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

I can't stand Harley's. I don't like the old mustangs either. Why? Because neither of them perform well, IMO, and yet people still love them. But you know what, that's okay. I am deffinately one of those guys that would purchase a Honda even when I know that there are others that outperform it. I'm not quite sure why I'm like this. I think it routes back to an interview I read on Ezra Lusk. He said that it had always been his dream to ride for Honda. It seems to me that this is the thinking of most inspireing racers. Be it advertising or just great products, Honda has been able to capture the aura of high performance and quality. They are also the most winningest team in nearly any type of racing history, off-road that is. Although I like my Honda's, I'm not so stupid to think that they are the best no matter what. My wife needed a quad, we got her a Polaris because we thought this would be the best choice- turns out, it was. We have had good luck with it. I have owned Yamaha's and I have had good luck with them. My little Blaster was a tank and I beat the **** out of it daily. But once I owned my first Honda (400ex), everything else took second place. I loved the quality, fit and finish of it. It may have just been that everything that I owned up to that point was second rate, but whatever it was- I now like Honda's. But don't get pissed at me for what I like. It is my choice. I will agree with most of the people in this post that I can't stand the loyalist's that won't listen to reason and are constantly saying that Honda is best. That is just stupid.

Oh, and to you Hondabeater- Yes, I also have seen some kickazz blasters- but they are still just blasters. There is only so much one can do with a second rate quad. And to speak foul of the 250r is just plain ridiculous. It is not the performance of a stock 250r that is legendary, but rather the potential of the best atv platform every made.

JP

Old 10-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone who has a passionate hatred for any other quad maker falls into one of just a few catagories.

1. he bought one and it was slow, fell apart, or the dealer screwed him somehow.
2. your friend/family member hates them and therefore so do you
3. you have no basis, you just think that way.

Reason for 1. There will always be bad experiences or bad models no matter which type of product you look at. Whats good for the goose isnt always good for the gander.
Reason for 2. If you have always been around someone who badmouths a product, you will never have the chance to see the result for yourself. If you do, see #1.
Reason for 3. Who knows. Ignorance, or maybe just bad genetics.

Every once in a great while a company comes along that truly sucks in every possible way. This is usually charachterized by a severe lack of backing by consumers. All of the quad companies featured here in the forums have many very loyal customers. Please feel free to share experiences so that others may learn from them, but dont find it necessary to rain on everyone elses parade by pressing your dislikes on others.

Old 10-27-2003, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

I like all bikes!

what I don't understand is how people would buy a Foreman 400/450 when they could have a big bore bike with WAY more features for about the same price. I never understood the loyalty to that extent

Old 10-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kraw
I like all bikes!

what I don't understand is how people would buy a Foreman 400/450 when they could have a big bore bike with WAY more features for about the same price. I never understood the loyalty to that extent
The foreman is a 450 and availible as a 500 (rubicon). they are actually a little cheaper than the big bore offerings from other manufacturers. the rubicon has quite a few features on its own, and is hands down one of the most reliable utilities out there. If you consider big bore as 600+, then they have only been availible for the last few years, so many people are still weary to purchase new equipment. In the case of the water pumps on the polaris and other minor issues with other machines, this isnt that bad of a choice.

Old 10-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, screw you Maddog!

I don't like Hondas, for none of the reasons you listed.

I don't have to like them, just like I "don't have to like all kinds of music, man" It is MY prerogative to like and dislike what I want for whatever reasons matter to me.

I will repeat why I don't like Hondas. The Honda people I have met, from ardent fans, to corporate types, are arrogant schmucks. (f@#cking a$$holes is what they are) Hondaphiles are the least tolerant, most biased motorsports fans that there are.

I do not like their engineering. Hondas are way overrated, especially by the gullible, uninformed and inexperienced. They do things in a very strange way. For that same reason I have always liked Yamahas, they have a very logical sense of engineering, Yamahas just make sense, bolt by bolt, bearing by bearing. I work on them and I like them. My first Yamaha was a slightly used 1967 DT-1. The only Honda I have ever owned was an outboard motor, which I purchased new, and which always had, ironically enough, severe starting problems.

I do not like Hondas or working on Hondas. I do not like their drum brakes or their weird transmissions or their crappy suspensions.

And I really don't like their, or your "Holier than thou" attitude. This is a Yamaha Forum, and the thread entitled, "does anyone else dislike Hondas" is an invitation to this end.
I stay away from the Honda forum, because I just get in trouble over there. Same reason I stay away from certain bars......Yeah, I got a mouth on me....wanna make something of it?

Old 10-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

honda=[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
yamaha=[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
suzuki=[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

idc what it is.....as long as i can ride it!!!!!

got to love my yfz though...good work yamaha
oh and my dads rubicon he got for $3900 new at the dealer is a great machine 2

Old 10-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fourlix
Hey, screw you Maddog!

I don't like Hondas, for none of the reasons you listed.

I don't have to like them, just like I "don't have to like all kinds of music, man" It is MY prerogative to like and dislike what I want for whatever reasons matter to me.

I will repeat why I don't like Hondas. The Honda people I have met, from ardent fans, to corporate types, are arrogant schmucks. (f@#cking a$$holes is what they are) Hondaphiles are the least tolerant, most biased motorsports fans that there are.

I do not like their engineering. Hondas are way overrated, especially by the gullible, uninformed and inexperienced. They do things in a very strange way. For that same reason I have always liked Yamahas, they have a very logical sense of engineering, Yamahas just make sense, bolt by bolt, bearing by bearing. I work on them and I like them. My first Yamaha was a slightly used 1967 DT-1. The only Honda I have ever owned was an outboard motor, which I purchased new, and which always had, ironically enough, severe starting problems.

I do not like Hondas or working on Hondas. I do not like their drum brakes or their weird transmissions or their crappy suspensions.

And I really don't like their, or your "Holier than thou" attitude. This is a Yamaha Forum, and the thread entitled, "does anyone else dislike Hondas" is an invitation to this end.
I stay away from the Honda forum, because I just get in trouble over there. Same reason I stay away from certain bars......Yeah, I got a mouth on me....wanna make something of it?
Did you ever think that maybe the honda riders you met werent the arrogant ones???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And it sounds like you have had bad experiences with the product, and with the people who own them. Just because this is a Yamaha forum, doesnt mean that we must crush all others and toot our own horns all day.

Old 10-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

ill just put my opinion this way:

if somebody who didnt have a bike and had never ridden one asked me what i think they should get, to learn on, i would say honda.

if they asked me what they should get if they want to have fun and want it to last a long time (i dont mean never die, i mean never lose its fun factor, they wont grow out of it quickly) id say a yamaha, kawasaki, or suzuki.

and i suppose just to throw them in the mix, if they asked me what they should get if they want an atv equivalent of a bus or tank, id say polaris.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] no offense to anyone who disagrees with me, like i said in the beginning, "ill just put MY OPINION this way"

Quick Reply: Does anybody else dislike hondas?