Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

660 Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 660 Grizzly

In my opinion, if all you are concerend about is how fast your 4x4 will go, you might be riding the wrong atv. These 4x4s arent designed to just go fast, the grizzly is a very well balanced machine, stops and climbs like a goat and will lift the front wheels with its low end torque, this is what it is made to do. As for the stories of the grizzly vapor locking, i have experienced it yet. I have been over the fenders in water at a slow speed and dragged my brothers 400 cat through mud that was knee deep, so far my new grizzly has not dissapointed me in the slightest.

Just my 2 cents

Old 10-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 660 Grizzly

my dad has a grizzly and he hasnt had any problems wiht it yet either, hes quite pleased wiht its performance.

Old 10-31-2003, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660 Grizzly

sure, they weren't designed to go fast, but they weren't designed to go under water either...

do with it as you please, but don't knock others for the way they want to ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

btw, if it wasn't supposed to go fast, why does? Mine will do well over 60mph, which is insane [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2003, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660 Grizzly

oh, just wanted to add, mine has been trouble free also

best all around bike on the market!

Old 10-31-2003, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660 Grizzly

Mogger~

Why would it matter to you if people are concerned with how fast their quad goes? I hit my top end limiter, vary fast now and I wouldn't have it any other way. It doesn't take anything away from the awesome utility features that have made it what it is today, speed just adds to it, imho. BTW, I haven't had any problems with my Grizzly, either, nor has it ever dissappointed me, quite the contrary, my Grizzly has continually amazed & impressed me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

SilverBear

You can always add sport to the utility quad but you can't add the utility to a sport quad. Grizzly - The best of both worlds.

Old 11-02-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660 Grizzly

Over the fenders in water Mogger?? You must have some mods or maybe the water isn't the only thing deep in this thread. It is not a good idea to encourage people to try something that can not be done with a stock machine without a word of caution to the wise. First off the air intake is located below the seat and so is the exhaust, both of which are well below the fenders. If either gets flooded the piston will fill with water, no if and or butt. A hydro-locked engine can be very expensive to fix.

Old 11-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660 Grizzly

I'm thinking about buying a Griz so keep the comments comming.

Old 11-07-2003, 03:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 660 Grizzly

i have and 03 grizz and have yet to have any problems. i ride in all conditions and love my grizz.

Old 11-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 660 Grizzly

I have an 03 grizzly that I have 600 miles on and have been through all kinds of mud with and even have gotten a run at it and jumped the machine into a large mud hole with it in diff lock and have not had any issues with the boiling gas or axles. I also have hooked up some logs that I barely had enough traction to pull with the front end locked up (the fist 2 tries I just dug holes with all 4 wheels) and when I did get those logs skidding the front end was kicking and bucking all over the place like riding a bull....It was great. I figured if the front axles and CV joints can handle that then they should be able to handle everything else I do with it.

Old 11-07-2003, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660 Grizzly

A guy in our riding group has a Grizz 660. Get it anywhere near water, and it coughs and sputters. I believe he got the new, vented side cowels, but I haven't heard a progress report since he got them. It's still a very nice machine. I'm thinking about trading the Kodiak in on one.

Quick Reply: 660 Grizzly