Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

COP WITH BAD ATTITUDE

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COP WITH BAD ATTITUDE

Me and two buddies went riding a few weeks ago. We leave from my gate, ride my fence line, and then cross the street into the wide upon desert. I don't have to ride in front of anyone's property but my own so it deosn't give anybode much to B@$%h about. I took the lead (Raptor....what do you expect?) and not more than 1-minute into the ride I look back to see my two buds with a XR650 and a guy with white helmet following close behind. It was one of the two cops that patrol the vaste area up here and this was the first time I had ever seen one. We did nothing wrong so I waited and when my buds pulled up behind me, the cop stopped as well and turned on his light.

me, "were we going to fast."
cop, "nope."
me, "then what did we do?"
cop, "we were chasing someone earlier on a blue quad and they got away."
me, "So you think maybe it was me or my friend?" one rides a blue Warrior
cop, "well I don't know yet but I'm going to find out."
me, "if it was one of us then whey would we have run earlier only to stop for you now?"
cop, no answer as he proceeds to run our green sticker info to into the station.

Now this wasn't so bad but as he started running the info in, the other cop that had apparently fallen way behind pulls up, slams his bike on the kick stand with attitude, rips his helmet off and starts yelling "it's fu@$ing idiots like you guys that ruin the sport for everyone!!"
me, "what the h@@l are you talking about!?"
cop, "you came ripping around those houses creating dust and noise and you are just giving them a reason to take away our privledge!!"
me, "I was in 1st gear maybe 2nd, the dust is here because it is the desert, and the only house I ride around to get out here is my own."
cop, "you live in that house on the corner?"
me, "I own that house and property on the corner." I think this surprised him because I am probably the youngest guy in my small area to own such a spread....mostly it is retirees with money and a few doctors, lawyers and contractors.
Anyway, he proceeded to give us all as much h@@l as he could, cursing and cussing all the while, and tried to lecture to us about how we should act....bla, bla, bla.
I say, "so am I getting a ticket or what?"
He snaps back, "no just a warning and I hope you have learned your lesson!"
I'm like.....WTF!!!! I did nothing wrong and this is what I get? Guess I won't be giving my anual donation this year you SOB!!

Come to find out later from a neighbor, the dumb A$$ had fallen on the pavement by my house trying to catch up to us on the transition from street to dirt. I guess that explains why he kept rubbing his left leg and his temper. LOL.....serves you right freak!! You give good cops a bad name. I hope you see this post....you ruin the sport...not us!

Old 11-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

I had a cop give me major attitute once, It was spirit night and I was a senior in high school, so we drive all night honking and stuff. It was problably 2am and about 10 cars where following me when we get blocked by cops. This one officer was real cool about it, said he understood but it wasnt right..bla bla bla...got my liscence and registration...then this cop car comes hauling *** and hasnt even stopped yet and hes already half way out of his car. He comes running towards me yelling that one of my guys almost ran over some lady and that I couldve killed her. The he starts giving me crap because my truck didnt have seat belts (1955 F100 Pro Streeter) all I told him my truck didnt come with belts from the factory so I aint required by law to put any, then he says he wants my truck's keys, but my truck doesnt have a key its just a toggle switch and a push button, well that pissed him off even more...he kept yelling and opened my door and pulled me out, asked for my liscence and I told him another office had it...but he said he didnt care, he wanted to see it. All I did was get back in my truck and told him, go fetch it from officer Cardenas you pig....well he just wrote me a ticket for caravaning, not much he could do! I filled a complaint and he later got fired because he had screwed some 16 yr old! I also got the damn ticket dismissed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

What's up with that!? These people are suppose to "server and protect" and try to set a good example. Hey, I'm not knocking the good ones because my grandfather and great-grandfather were both on the force and they were tough but fair and respected for it by civilians. But the bad ones....go get a job you can handle.....like flipping burgers.

Old 11-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

cops are people too. You cant expect them all to be complete angels. I know just as many good cops as i do one's that are a$$holes.

Old 11-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yes I agree, that's why I said I don't have anything against the good ones. Keep in mind however, they are in a much higher position of authority and therefore have even more responsibility with the manner in which they conduct themselves to the general public. They receive extensive training for just such purpose and we the tax payers pick up the tab. Granted they have a tough job and I generally respect them for doing it, but those with a bad attitude as I have described have chosen the wrong profession....wouldn't you agree? I'm not a criminal or a juvenile and don't expect to be treated as such, especially by someone wearing a gun and badge.

Old 11-05-2003, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

I agree. I have many friends in the law enforcement business as well as some friends in Law. They too hate the individuals who fail to conduct themselves properly and tarnish the reputation of their peers. There are some people who just shouldn't be in law enforcement. Some people just can't handle that much authority without abusing it.

~HoundDog

Old 11-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

My take on this is that they are supposed to be professionals, I don't care if they just stepped in a pile of **** barefoot. If an officer can not conduct a stop in a professional manner he needs to find another job.

This kind thing would not be acceptable in any other field, imagine going to the dentist and he starts calling you a mother "f"er because a crown keeps falling off.

Old 11-05-2003, 06:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

lmao-----yeah what he said about the dentist. " I thought i told u not to come back with those f+++ed up teeth again! I would like to know just who in the h++l u think u are coming in here." Dentist pulls out a gun and blast the crown in with a some force of which he previously didn't have.. lol

Old 11-05-2003, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Its awesome having friends in law enforcement..before a few of my friends became cops I had almost no idea of what kind of rights i have..now when I get pulled over I ask a ton of questions and let them know I know my rights, and most of the time I get let off....one cop asked me how I knew so much and I told him my friend is a cop and he called him a traitor....thought it was funny...

Old 11-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

My friend was coming down the road on his banshee and a cop came around the corner and chased him to my house...when the cop CAUGHT UP to him he started yelling and gave us a LONG lecture on city ordinaces and crap. He finally writes him a ticket and right before he hands it to my friend he rips it up and says "Let this be a lesson to you kids" and throws the scrap in the car. The following week my friend gets a ticket (i think... if not he ended up with 2 tickets). Well anyways he was written up with something to do with refusing to take the ticket and shredding it up, then one for riding a ATV with no blinkers plates blah blah blah on paved roads which is agianst ordinace, and a warning if they see a quad with matching Vin they will impound it. Now isnt that a load of Bull??? The cop was the one who tore up the 1st ticket and gave us a "Warning" lol... Some cops are jerks but we still need them

Travis

Quick Reply: COP WITH BAD ATTITUDE