Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Its the weekend Where ya going to ride?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Its the weekend Where ya going to ride?

Saturday+Sunday hopefully

On 97 acres of nothing but woods, trails, and jumps [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

and going to this one place at this garbage dump....theres a ton of land bought for the garbage dump but they only use the frontof about 200acres...so the back of it is completely for quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2003, 05:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Royal Blue in hunter orange for me

Old 11-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and i WILL be getting some good videos...heres one stupid one i made from last weekend... http://home.comcast.net/~jman68/dirtinc1st.mpg and ill probably be riding monday and tuesday...no school [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Range Rover

Caliraptor,
i'll have to check that side of town out, i didn't relize it was that far east of Tecate. Carretera Tijuana, are you refering to HWY 2? For thoses of you that don't know, Baja Cali has some the best desert racing, theres nothing like pulling into a little town liquire store while riding to drink a couple of tallboys.

i'll be out there during the x-mas hoildays and prolly check out that dune area your talking, you wouldn't happen to have any GPS croods do ya? Anyhow i'll drop you an email if we decide to go out that way, or if you ever wanna check out the trails in Tecate i'll be happy to show you around, we have a little ranch there.

Old 11-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

My cousin lives in Tecate, and I visit him often, nothing like the taste of freshly brewed TKT [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] He lives on the west side of town...I think by "El Cerro Cuchuma". Ive been to Tecate thousands of times and have gotten in trouble too, we raced once infront of the hospital..maybe you remember how the street is un-level, well my friend drove on the other side doing 80+ , luckely no one was coming (2am). My uncle has a little place at Rancho Banchetti, maybe you know of it. So where is your little ranch? Maybe we can meet some time at the Subway in Tecate,CA and drive down to your place! I'll see if I can borrow my bud's GPS so I can gice you some cordinates of the dune. If your coming from tecate through the mexican side, you pass "La Rumorosa" and then the military post, a couple more miles you pass the old water slide place and a little bit ahead you will see a little store to your left, right before the cement devider starts, that is the entrance to the dunes. I think its Km28 on Highway#2 Mexicali-Tijuana. Its right in front of where the Pavarotti concert was at, like 30mins from Tecate.

Old 11-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Range Rover

The dunes are 30 mins from Tecate u say......im there. I've drove to La Rumorosa before to check out that little town but i didnt take the bikes, errrrr..... i mean quads. I'm only familiar with the local liquire stores near our ranch :&gt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It's east (20 min drive) from down town Tecate, MX. The ranch is out in the boonies, the nearst place is "El Hongo" and "Rancho Santa Veronica" are a couple of miles away. I'm headed out to Tecate again dec 26 for about a week, i'll drop you an email before that. laterz

Old 11-08-2003, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the replies everybody!! We had to back out tonite my bud crashed his DS 650 and didn't have a headlight. Hope to get to take that trip I was talking about Saturday. I'm sure jealous of you guys in southern Cali all that great weather must be nice.
Have FUN and Be SAFE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2003, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider

Lippysmac: I live 10-12 miles south of Pikeville. We ride these old strip mines that we can get to without hauling the machines anywhere. Miles and miles of riding. We have rode as far as 20+ miles north of Pikeville and as far south as almost the VA line, three countys. Lots of mud if thats what your into. You can travel a long way on all these trails. You may have to get on the paved roads a little but its just one lane roads in these hollows (hollers if your a hillbilly) If you want some directions send me a PM on here and I'll hook you up.

Old 11-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

It's Saturday morn still about 40 out there, but the sunis out, no rain in the forecast. Lookin good, may get to ride this afternoon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I hope to round up the gang and head out around 2 or3:00.
Everybody have FUN and be SAFE!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

It's up in the 50s now! I guess it time to get ready to go. Hope everyone has a good time this weekend![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
BE CAREFUL AND HAVE FUN! SHASTADOG

Quick Reply: Its the weekend Where ya going to ride?