Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

freestyling tips for me

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default freestyling tips for me

You should be just fine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] In huevos 5 Sheldon Riggs was doing sick tricks with his raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

You really dont need to have anything for freestyle, listnening to some of the pros it really just matters on the rider you have to be crazy and be willing to progress and try new things. Sheldon rigs freestyled on his stock raptor for a while and then only put a few parts like handlebars, axle and nerf bars. But like agressive rider said i would suggest nerf bars first and then a new axle that will handle big jumps, but if your only going small then the stock axle should last you a while.

Old 11-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DieScarred
You should be just fine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] In huevos 5 Sheldon Riggs was doing sick tricks with his raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
notice his name.....
a raptor will do.. but a 250r will be better.

Old 11-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

no offense to the other members of this forum, i'm sorry guys i love you all, but you guys don't know what your talking about when it comes to freestyle. first i just wanna say don't get a Ti frame. not only do they not make one for raptors but they aren't for MX and the 18lb one is for drag racing only. these frames would not hold up to the abuse a freestyle/mx quad takes. if you want some good info on freestyle go to quadfmx.com or just IM me on aim and we can talk and i can give you all sorts of pointers. my screen name is Shaggs2Dope2000 check out my photo album on here if you wanna see a few pics of my ramps and stuff

edit- polarisisthebest looks like he may be headin in the right direction lol

Old 11-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

killer pics juggalo

how much was the ramp?

Practice your tricks on the ground and not moving...then try them while bieng towed behind a buddy in second gear or so...may sound stupid...but this "dry" practice may save you some serious injuries

Old 11-09-2003, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider

racin jason practicing on the ground is a great idea. i reccommend it to everybody who asks me about tricks. our first ramp we built completley from scratch so it was pretty cheap but we sold it to some kids in minnisota for 600 bucks. the new ramp the rev 3, was made from professional plans that cost 250 bucks. the ramp is probably worth about 8-10,000 but what we payed to make it is secret.

Old 11-09-2003, 06:42 AM
Pro Rider

rudeskadude... what the @#$# does your signature mean? i could not figure it out..

Old 11-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: juggalo
. the ramp is probably worth about 8-10,000 but what we payed to make it is secret.
if any1 pays that much for that ramp.. then they got fuked. they dont cost that much to make.. and no i havent made one.. but common sense shows that there isnt much too it.

Old 11-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Those are some nice pics juggalo. I was trying really hard for a while to learn new tricks but then I wrecked doing a no footed can so I sort of stopped for now. But so far I have did a bar hop, no footed can can, no handers, no handed landers, no footers, almost a heel clicker with both feet but I cant get my heels to touch, a regular can can and now I can throw it to the side and bring it back pretty good.

Old 11-09-2003, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

hozed, we easily have 8 g's in metal alone in our ramp. that doesn't include our welding supplies, wood, paint, screws, ect. the ramp doubles as a 4 place trailer for quads too. that means it has an axle that lowers up and down inside of it. theres a lot goin on with that ramp, if you payed a professional fabricator/welder to make this ramp for you you'd be paying ALOT. however we are lucky enough to have a source for free metal and my friend just happens to be a professional fabricator. so we payed well below 500 dollars for this ramp. but if we were to sell it we'd get a lot more. FYI- you can buy pre-made ramps from the company we got the plans from. a standard ramp (not 8 feet wide, not a trailer) runs about 2500-3000 dollars. our ramp uses much stronger materials, much more material, is a 4 place trailer, and its a lot bigger than that ramp. do the math. feel free to IM me on AIM and i'll send you all the pics of the metal skeleton of the ramp and you'll see theres a lot to it. also theres actually A LOT to making a ramp. the instruction booklet is 80 pages long and it could go into much greater detail. making ramps is an art form.

Quick Reply: freestyling tips for me