Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Trouble at Glamis!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble at Glamis!

The scary truth is any dumbazz can become a cop or BLM ranger or whatever, the good thing is there not all dumbazzes. For those that think this marks the point in your split decision, pertaining to the next time you're confronted by the "authorities", as a fight or flight only option think again.

How many of you when you watch cops root for the cops and how many root for the "criminal"? How many don't root for either...it's interesting to me how easy it is to spot the knucklehead cops. Those are the ones that want you to run or put up a fight or talk tough because they are adreneline junkies with a career choice that in their minds makes them automatically right all the time. Stay cool, be honest, and don't antagonize THE man...pay attention and you soon find out if he is on the up and up or on the take. Right makes might. Don't put yourself in stupid situations...be respectful to the extreme even if you have to fake it.

Again, unfortunately there aren't that many prerequisites a person has to pass to become a cop...and it's just as obvious there isn't many strict criteria for them to remain in position. The best we can hope for is that when things like this happen it won't get swept under the beaurocratic carpet and new guidelines and proceedures will be enforced that will lessen the chance of it happening again. If we respond with the mentality of "it's us against them" I certainly don't think we can win. If we don't follow guidelines as a society or club or group we will be taxed further and the way I see it the next step is to shut us completely down. I don't want that anymore than any of you...so don't let this ghastly event make you any more stupid than you may already be.

my .02

Old 11-13-2003, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble at Glamis!

the problem with military people becoming officers of any form is that a person coming off the street has an intense background search done on them and coming up of the military there is no background check. so those bad apples can slide in much easier than the average joe can. not saying that the military is full of stupid people or hot heads, but it is easier for the ones that are the be there. I aapreciate what the military does for us and appluad them for putting their life on the line for us to have our freedom in which we do.