Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor owners with MBRP exhaust......

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor owners with MBRP exhaust......

There are about 20 good slip-on mufflers for the Raptor, maybe more. I am looking at the MBRP unit for these reasons.

1. Stailess steel
2. Not as loud as most of them
3. No need to re-pack
4. Sound quality
5. Looks good
6. Not many running them yet?
7. Fair price
8. Good power gains?

So, those with the MBRP exhaust, are you liking it or should I consider other brands? Thanks.

03 black and red Raptor
modded stock airbox and muffler
PRM Desert Grab Bar

Old 11-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

I like my MBRP on the Raptor. Sounds pretty good. At first they sent me the Race version, which was way tooo loouddd! Swapped out for the quiet version and am much happier. The only problem with the pipe right now is that the spark arrestor has not yet been forest service approved. They claim to be 'in the process', but they'be been saying that for a year.

-Skramblr

Old 11-16-2003, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

how long have you had the MBRP? Man i wish sparks would come out with a slip on. I kinda feel the urge to make my own headpipe lol.. I would get the MBRP before any other slip on maily because of looks, performance and sound!

Travis

Old 11-16-2003, 01:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

adamnieman- I have had my mbrp pipe for over a year now. I have had the GYRT slip-on, full HMF, Full Mr. Bills pipe, full trinity,yoshi slip-on, T-4 and tried a few others over the years. I have run with every pipe out there except the new looney tunes. Since i have installed the MBRP "full bore" full system i have no need for the others and sold them on Ebay. The MBRP sound is the coolest and least obnoxious sounding pipe out there. I have not had a pipe on my quad that has out dynoed my MBRP. Only 2 pipes that i own besides the stockers are the MBRP drag pipe and MBRP "full bore for my 2 raptors. MBRP is a great choice and should rank up there on the top of most list. Very nice looking pipe

Old 11-16-2003, 01:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Does the MBRP quiet version have a small restrictor welded in too reduse flow or something more elaborate that does not rob HP? I have read that the DS version does have a restrictor for reduced flow and of course less noise.

Old 11-16-2003, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

what head do they run with the MBRP? I was wondering since i cant have the X-6 now because of money issues, but anyways i was wondering if i could buy the slip on now and the header later.

Travis

Old 11-16-2003, 07:28 AM
Range Rover

how does the dg extreem stage 3 compare? i have the dg and well it looks like an oval supertrap [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] just wondered if maybee i should look into investing elswheres?

Trending Topics

Old 11-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Race version - about a 2.5" diameter hole all the way through the silencer. You look in from the rear and see straight thru it. This would make a great race pipe, as there is ZERO restriction.

Quiet version - Restrictor plate welded approx middle of silencer. It has a small diameter hole in the middle (3/4"?) for some flow, then the rest has to go around it (by the sound deadening sides).

Spark Arrestor - This is a simple metal screen that is places at the rear of the silencer. Held in place by a circular plate and 3 hex head screws.

-Skramblr

Old 11-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

Cool, so the race slip on pipe is 250 or around there? im not sure because i dont see prices on the website...

Travis

Old 11-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

NY02- I would look else where for HP since you already have a aftermarket pipe. I would work on the intake side. Do away with the airbox if your riding area is not wet and muddy. Then a drop-in cam. Any aftermarket pipe is better than stock. Some are better than others but all are a improvement.

Quick Reply: Raptor owners with MBRP exhaust......