Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dumont Trip Report = :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont Trip Report = :(

Well I went up to dumont for the day. On the drive there I saw a car that had rolled doing around 80 going south bound into the big ditch in between the north and the south on the 15, he musta lost control and went into the ditch/diveder type thing, the car was mandgled and paramedics were working on him as I went buy. This was a bad sign, or an omen. I arrived at dumont at 10:30am, seeing the sand a little wet made me a little sad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but I was at dumont so I didn't care, I was going to have a good time! Fire the engine up, ride over to comp, went up the hill once and then my quad died [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Both screws came out of the battery, one was recovered other was lost. I fixed with some metal wiring, and away I went! 15 runs up come later, I notice my clutch isnt disengauging (doh) stock and take a good look around, the adjustment by the footpeddle loostened and came out (quick fix). Im feeling like It is a bad day, so I put the 12t sprocket on, Feels like it would be very good, if my chain were adjusted for it. Took 2 runs up comp, 1st run I tried to gun it and it took off then skipped and went skipped and went, until I hit 3rd, then it didn't skip. 2nd run I took it easy and pulled 4th up the RIGHT HILL by comp, not the middle part that is nice and steep. After that I rode back to camp to put the 13t on. It must of taken me a good 45 minutes to get it on alone, it was such a pain! Quad ran good after that, until at the bottom of comp when im lightly on the gas to pull up to the line, the iddle goes up to about 1/2 throttle (quick fix: Rev motor and act cool and it goes away) I think It is my floats sticking maybe??? Input on that plz, I dont want to clean them if I dont have too. Mario Got there and I hung with him for a while, he had a worse day than me, I wont even go there.

Quad report::::::::::::::::::::

I got beat by a susiki 400 once [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I donno what was going on in his engine, he got 1 length on me, we were pritty even in other races
Yami 450, I beat a piped yammi by quite a bit, then I get up against this stock (or appears so) 450 and its dead even with me, all I thought was WOW
I had a good time racing 2 banshees, one was a girl, they were very close races, and were very fun cause it seemed dead even, holeshot was key to the wins!
Hmm Mario's beat me until bad things happened [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
No fast preds were there, though one came with 5 bike lengths of me
no 400ex's wanted to race
A few piped raptors that didn't want to play too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I am still shocked how fast the one susiki was, I raced her after mario left, and she was right with me, Im thinking they dipped into the engine cause all the other 400's were having a hard time in 2nd gear up the hill (yes there were pipped ones)

I wanted to go for a nice ride through all the dunes, but it was too bet and choppy, didnt want to waste my time getting a bad ride, ill wait till it dries out.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

That 's sucks for a trip to dumont also if a z400 beat ya i wouldn't drag your buddies predator he will really kill you!

Old 11-16-2003, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, you sit here all day and wait for me to say something? Any quad will be fast when you start throwing money at it, as for my friend, only time will tell.

Old 11-16-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Predator, man everytime i see your post you talking smack.... you know they have a Polaris forum here to! notice how he beat a 450 and even with 2 shees'. Both are quads that the predator cant hang with unless its modded! Dunmont Sorry to hear about your trip bro, it will get better. Just fix it all and keep your head high like i do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lol.. (AND I DO THAT ALOT!) If you are going to take a look at the floats you minus well clean the carbs. Good luck on your next ride man!

Travis

Old 11-16-2003, 12:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like a trying day.....but a day of riding all-the-same.....which is 10X better than mine was. Hope you and Mario can have better luck next time.

Old 11-16-2003, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Ya, i know it was just the first trip of the season and working out minor things. I was asking people if they knew what my problem was, im sure it has to be something with the carbs, but i really don't feel like taking all the crap off. If anything I wasn't making fun of preds, there justt simply weren't any built ones, accept that one which seemed to have high comp, donno what else, it felt like higher comp though, could feel the air hitting me pritty hard when I went behind him, felt like 11:1 to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. The rest were all just piped, which I put in the same category as all the other piped quads.

Old 11-16-2003, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Oh and to make the susiki thing clear, the rest of them were no where near me just that one... hmmm
And that YFZ kept on getting the sickest holeshots, it was irritating. Light weight + good hp = fast at dunes.

Old 11-16-2003, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

those YFZs are going to make me cry one day...... They ALWAYS beat me off the lineand thats all it takes. I also am missing 2nd gear alot now though..... i need to wear my boots i guess lol. Let me know how your quad turns out!

Travis

Old 11-16-2003, 03:14 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We were at Rasor Rd. today, and the dunes were all wet. Not that much fun. The cross-country riding on the other hand was outstanding. There was hardly anybody out there (road washed out this summer!). Afton Canyon was a complete mud fest!

Old 11-16-2003, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider

glad someone had a better time than me, though i still had fun.

Quick Reply: Dumont Trip Report = :(