Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Simple Green - How could I have not known......

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 05:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple Green - How could I have not known......

Works great on those re-useable air filters also. Pudl, they're finally starting to listen. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Match everything up with a $79 pressure washer from Menard's, and they'll acuse you of getting a new quad for every race.

Old 11-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

One product to stay away from is that Orange cleaner with the citrus in it. It cleans great but etched my skid plates and oil filter heat sink. Didnt leave it on for very long either. Have never had a problem with the Simply Green

Old 11-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Yup! I use "Jungle Jake" because it's simple green for half the price! You can find Jungle Jake in Fleet Farm also.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I use Super Clean, its in a purple jug at Wal Mart, but it sounds like the same thing.

First time I used it I had left the drain plug on my oil tank a little loose and covered my frame in the front. So I tried it out and spray a little on there and then just rinsed. Worked like a charm. It worked so go I decided to try it on a bunch of stuff, including my polished cases....not a good idea. It made them haze over and I had to do a serious re-buffing job on the to get it off.

Old 11-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

LISTEN my dad and i have used Simple green and MEAN green the mean green sux @$$ compared to Simple green the mena green is good for cleaning tables tho [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] also we get our Simple Green from TSC [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i think it's like 2-5 $ a galloon i think

Old 11-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Allow me to save you some money guy's. Use liquid Tide or just about any other liquid laundry detergent. It is very mild on bare metal and paint and does just as good as the "green stuff" It takes less to use and is a lot cheaper to buy. I know, you're skeptical, but try it once.

Old 11-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

yup, that simple green stuff is the best. I got mine from wal mart. Incase you have no time to go get simple green then WD-40 works well on matal also. Dont spray simpel green on chrome thow. for chrome all i do is use never dull or I just breath on it (liek you do on glasses) and rub fairly hard and keep doing it and it seems to work beter than store baught products
And now im going to try that laundry detergent...

Old 11-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picked up some Simple Green and Armor All Spray(I'm too cheap for the wipes) from KMart.

So Kmart and Walmart has them

I bought the big bottle and it was 8 friggen bucks! oh well...I won't waste this stuff, for sure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'll spray it on and use my air-compressor-powered-spray-handle-cuz-im-too-cheap-for-a-pressure-washer spray handle and watch it work lol.

thanks guys

-warrior

Old 11-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

a product I can recommed for chrome is eagle one chrome cleaner. I sprayed that stuff on my shocks and and exhaust, waited five minutes, hozed it off, and wiped it dry and it looked better than new. a product that worked well on my blaster's jug was eagle one wheel and brake dust cleaner. I sprayed that stuff on my blaster's jug and it took off all of the stains from the dirt and mud. Clean quads look so much better than dirty quads.

Old 11-17-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Simple Green has been around forever.. great stuff

I use the pressure washer on my bikes, the coat it in SG, then wait about 5-10mins, hit it again, BAM... I'm done!

I wouldn't use that bleech white on anything but rubber IMO

Quick Reply: Simple Green - How could I have not known......