Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How do YOU pay the bills?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do YOU pay the bills?

I’m a CAD tech also, been doing it for 10 years now. We use AutoCAD Land Desktop 3, Architectural Desktop and some Microstation. Also own 2 businesses.

There is another recent thread just like this one somewhere on here.

Old 11-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

For 10 years was a mechanic now an Alarm Tech for the #2 alarm co and going to school full time for an IT degree.

Old 11-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer

I am a Purchasing Launch Manager for General Motors.

Old 11-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

I work for a guy that goes to my church. He owns a bed and breakfast and a small restaraunt outside of town. I paint, put up fence, etc. Not a bad job. I'm thankful I have a great boss.

Old 11-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Hmm ... let's see.

I'm Zack, 20 year old college junior (senior actually in about a month).

At school I work 22-25 hours a week at the Tulane University Innovative Learning Center. What I do here is deliver and setup technology equiptment for faculty to use to assist them as they teach. This includes laptops, LCD projectors, DVD players, VHS players, boom-boxes, etc.. I also answer the phone on the emergency tech help line and make service calls when the nuclear physicist can't figure out how to push the button and turn on the overhead LCD projector. We also train faculty to use our equiptment, which means that a 20 year old college student is trying to tell Dr. so and so how to do something. I'm sure that doesn't help their egos.

Also at school I have been buying and selling Cannondale parts and accessories for profit - all business is done over the internet and on Ebay. I have been selling the Cannondale pants and jerseys for a couple months now. It helps me afford things to buy for my 'Dale. I have also been helping run Cdaleparts.com and other miscellaneous joint ventures in the Cannondale world. Fun stuff that keeps me busy.

Over the summers I work for the Portage County Engineers back in Ohio, which pretty much means I am one of those guys on the road standing around more than working. I wear an orange vest, jeans, and hard thick boots no matter how hot it is - apparently they do not care if you are sweating faster than you can intake water without getting sick. Mind you that all of this safe clothing is required to hold an orange flag and irritate those who are late to work by holding them up as long as humanly possible without it being obvious that you are doing something purposefully rude. Yep, that's what I do to pay the bills. Interesting eh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Internet sales manager for a car dealer.....
it sux....but it is a temp job til I can get outta college!

Old 11-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer

I am a director of Collection and Follow up department in some government real-estate department. we only get paid here once a month, I make a list of my future mods, and buy as much as I can every month, and get broke for the rest of the month [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the good thing is I write down a list of my mods so I won't forget anything, the bad thing is no matter how much I buy from this list, it never goes down [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Adel

Old 11-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

Electrical Engineer....High speed motion analysis.

Masters in Computer science.....loans out the rear... I pay the bills whenever I can...lol

Old 11-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

I sell tacos...High speed tacos....

Old 11-17-2003, 12:21 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Watch the stock market go up and down and then decide what to buy, what to sell and what to keep long term.

Quick Reply: How do YOU pay the bills?