Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Installing pipes and filter

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing pipes and filter

ok I dont have any experience with installing things,,,but is it easy for someone like me to install toomeys on my stock banshee?does the instructions have pics and stuff how to remove the stock pipes? thanx any help will b good

Old 11-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Once you start gettin into it you'll notice its pretty self explainatory. They should come with directions but even if they did you prolly won't even need them. The major pain the in the A$$ is the springs that hold the pipe to the head, you'll need some muscle and a good pair of pliers for that. Other than those springs everything else is just bolts that you remove, once everything is removed the pipes should just fall off. Good luck!

Old 11-23-2003, 01:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

When taking the stock pipes off, watch how they come off and what goes where. Because everything is going to go back similar to stock. The hardest part is going to be jetting and thats not too bad.

Old 11-23-2003, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBubba
Once you start gettin into it you'll notice its pretty self explainatory. They should come with directions but even if they did you prolly won't even need them. The major pain the in the A$$ is the springs that hold the pipe to the head, you'll need some muscle and a good pair of pliers for that. Other than those springs everything else is just bolts that you remove, once everything is removed the pipes should just fall off. Good luck!
Your post is EXACTLY what i was going to say! Yes, the pipe springs are a BIG pain in the a$$, it took me about an hour of finding the right set of what-and-all i needed to get the springs off, about 4 hands and a couple of pliers, etc, they sure dont come off without a fight.