Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

just rode a stock banshee

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just rode a stock banshee

wow. this is the fastest quad I've ever ridden. I guess that isn't saying much when the second fastest quad I've ever ridden is my piped blaster. my step dad just bought a banshee about two weeks ago. When I was driving up and down the street I was thinking that the shee was way too tame and that there was something wrong with it until I let the motor rev a little higher and hit the powerband. My butt almost slid off of the back of the seat. The power-band hits HARD, well atleast compared to my piped blaster. It goes from zero to eye watering fast in about 4 seconds. It has got to have the weakest bottom end power in the world. The bottom and midrange are non existant. There is either on the power-band or having a hard time not stalling it. My blaster has alot more bottom/midrange power than the banshee. I am dead serious. I have a hard time not stalling it when I am trying to get it rolling. It definitly has a light switch power-band. I couldn't imagine riding wheelies on one of these things. It must be faster than my blaster in fourth gear. Would a set of pipes help bottom and midrange any?

Old 11-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

I've got a banshee with FMF Fatties on it.... They help get the engine into the powerband a little faster. To be honest though.... I'd put my YFZ up against my Banshee any day. But then again, it's all a matter of what type of riding your doing.

LT

Old 11-26-2003, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

roost thats why u rap it out let out the clutch and hold on
TWIST AND SHOUT!!
i cant wait to get home from work now.

Old 11-26-2003, 01:47 PM
Trailblazer

Shouldn't you be doing some work yfzblaster1 instead of worrying about riding? Kids these days...but I have to agree, just grab some throttle, let go of the clutch, and hold on

Old 11-26-2003, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

I loved that feeling the 1st time I opened up my banshee. But over time the rush goes away, especially after riding a Yami R1 streetbike, it makes the banshee feel like a powerwheels [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]..

-nick-

Old 11-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

I know what you mean about the bottom end. When I bought mines while at the dealer I went to drive it up my trailer, and....I couldn't get it up because it had no power , even if I gave it more throttle it didn't even respond, almost like the accelerator wasn't working, so I shut it off and pushed it and said to myself "what did I get myself into" being that i traded in a 686 Raptor for it. But once I learned to drive it, and keep the RPMs up it's great. But here's what it's like now after a pipe and port work this thing rips with a good bottom end that goes up any hill with ease and will scare the most experienced riders with it's light switch power band that's insane!

Old 11-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

Yea you have to love the powerband. My problem is traction, I have plenty until I edge into the power band and then traction is non-existant with my stock tires [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I gotta get some Holeshots!

Old 11-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DeuceRooster
Yea you have to love the powerband. My problem is traction, I have plenty until I edge into the power band and then traction is non-existant with my stock tires [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]I gotta get some Holeshots!
I love that floating feeling of not having any traction especially in 6th gear at 80+ MPH. And the Hole Shot tires are not gonna make you the most popular guy to ride behind with the rocks you'll be showering them with, but they wont have any option to be in front. hehehe...

Old 11-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

I figure that the banshee would gain alot from higher compression pistons or coolheads. It has a really low compression ratio from the factory.

Old 11-26-2003, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

i have to disagree...... my first ride on my first banshee when it was stock made me feel like selling it! i thought it was a gutless p.o.s! but after doing a lot of mods it woke up the little monster!

the banshee is by far the king when it comes to speed and horsepower .... but when stock they are pooches!!!!!

Quick Reply: just rode a stock banshee