Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

vito's super stock pistons

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 01:33 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vito's super stock pistons

hi all and i know that the super stock pistons are good for stock ported motor and the pistons are ported on the exuast side so what will happen if i ported my motor only from the intake and leave the exaust port with no change and let the vito's piston do the exaust porting would it be faster than the stock nunported motor with super stock pistons or the setup i just told you will be better ...

and im planing to get CPI pipe in frame with the vito's super stock piston is it a good setup or do i have to change it to another setup my motor is stell stock with stock pistons and its time to rebulid the top end and im not planing to do the porting for the motor ....

Old 11-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default vito's super stock pistons

The super stock pistons are good, however you need more than that for all out power. 2 things hurt you with the pistons and nothing else. First the compression is reduced since the top is partially cut away. The biggest thing also is that if you want to make a lot of power the exhaust has to have more done to it than what the pistons have done to them. They get widened as well as raised. Also there are other several areas that get worked over. If you just want some extra fun power they will be fine. But if you plan on going to some bigger gains then you need to get a good port job and be done with it. I have run the super stocks personally,by the way.