Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor-Pursuit of Performace Perfection

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2000, 02:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excuse me but are we comparing a STOCK Raptor to modified 250Rs, modified Banshees, Woods Rotax DS650's, And modified Quadzilla's. thats a Real Good Idea huh?
I suppose If I want to compete with you guys ill have to buy some +2 A-arms and Swing Arm, Pep ZPS shocks, White brothers R series Pipe, Twin 40mm Mikunis with Methanol, Ported and Polished head, Larger Titanium Valves with a 3 angle valve job, Toomey Radiator, Splitfire Plug, Web CaM, Pro Design Air Box, Wiseco Pro Lite 11.5:1 piston, Titanium Axle, Pro Taper Bars, ITP Holeshot MX's On .190 Beadlocks, Sidewinder Stainless steel sprockets, AMP Link, NACS CDI RevBOX, And A NOS Nitrous Kit, Hinson Clutch Basket, DG Nerf Bars and Skid Plates, K&N Filter, and an Optima Battery. Or you could just admit that in stock form, It will be the winner.

Old 06-28-2000, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes honda dose make a nice quad. the old 250r and the new 400 both handle very well. I have raced both of them and still come back to a banshee. I guess it is what you get use to. I have yet to come up against a 250r or 400 stock or other wise that will run with my banshee. I do cross country races in Missouri and no one in my class with a honda can even stay with me in the open or in the woods. Fact is both honda and yamaha make nice quads its what you like and how you ride that will make up your mind as to what you ride. I like to win, so I ride yamaha. I get my Raptor in augest, first on the list, I be nice and let the honda guys look at it as I lap them all racing.

Old 06-28-2000, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

If the 250r is so great why did they stop making it in 1989? Yamaha did not stop making the banshee. Why did it take honda 10 years to make something that they could even try to conpare to a banshee? Please all you honda guys stay on hondas that way I know I can beat you with out having to work to hard.

99 banshee
01 raptor on the way

Old 06-28-2000, 11:04 PM
Range Rover

Chrism101 knows whats up and so will the competition when it meets the raptor. And I don't know about you guys but I like to flat out haul *** in top gear yes you can't do that in a tight woods but you can only go so fast in a woods without hitting trees. Still on those short straight aways the Raptor will destroy and atv action magazine already gave the Raptor a perfect 5 star review complementing on its "stability in the turns and superb handeling". Everyone always wants to go faster so go with the fastest.

Old 06-29-2000, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

If these guys want to go with the fastest they might be buying Cannondales

Old 06-29-2000, 12:09 PM
Trailblazer

ACCORDING TO THE RAPTOR SPEC'S I SAW, THE SUSPENSION TRAVEL IS THE SAME AS THE BANSHEE, IS THIS TRUE? ARE THEY USING BANSHEE SHOCKS? I ALSO HEARD THAT IT HAS THE SAME LAME AIRBOX/FILTER CONNECTION AS THE BANSHEE, IS THIS TRUE ALSO?

BIGDADDY DS650, 475RX, 200EX

Old 06-29-2000, 04:22 PM
guy
Range Rover

War99, just wait for Cannondale, just wait.

Old 06-29-2000, 04:55 PM
Range Rover

Hey is correct arizona650, he is refering to the team outdoor store backed gncc entry, that was featured along with the 500 wolverine.

Old 06-29-2000, 10:32 PM
Range Rover

I'll be waiting all right for you and that cannondale at the finishline. Cannondale can't even get anyone to ride their overpriced dirtbike in AMA Supercross. Who is going to spend over $7000 on a 430cc bike besides some rich mama's boy who rides cannondale bicycles. I'm just saying they haven't proved **** when it comes to motorcross or atv's. And until they do i'll stick with bike companies that have decades of experience like Yamaha or Honda. Where are you going to buy that fx400 at a bicycle shop? Give me a break.

Old 06-30-2000, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

This is all old discussion but how can you bag Cannondale for producing a cutting edge sport quad? Would you rather nobody but Yamaha produced machines at all? I personally welcome everyone willing to bring a machine to market. I'm anxiously awaiting the announcements from Cannondale and Kawasaki before deciding on my 2001 ride. Let me broaden your slim view of the world for a moment-Cannondale already has a nationwide base of dealers for the mx bike and will be selling the FX through those dealers-not in bike shops.

Quick Reply: Raptor-Pursuit of Performace Perfection