Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???

Old 12-05-2003, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???

your going to get a pile of people saying how bad it is to ride and drink but it is up to you. i've been on rides with 20 to 30 bikes and it isn't uncomon for 90% of the ridders to have a 12 pack or more in there coolers and we stop to some of the bars along the way also and your not in a car or truck that could wipe out a family your only going to hurt yourself if you have to much. like shastadog said FESS UP..

Old 12-05-2003, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

I admit I like to sit back with a couple of bullets when riding, but I also know what happens when i have a few to many and the beer ***** set in. I end up on the ground with my quad is upside down, thats why they say don't drink and drive.

Old 12-05-2003, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

I admit it, I'll drink a few brews when I ride.

Old 12-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

Guilty, an ice cold corona goes down good on a hot day on the dunes. However we don't pound them until the ride is over, but a pop or two, GUILTY!

Old 12-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Trailblazer

ummm that sounds good. ice cold corona,think i will throw a few down the hatch. i drink a few when i ride,but i know my limit......i think.

Old 12-05-2003, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider

Im glad you dudes had the ***** to admit to it! I know it might not be the right thing to do BUT I am not on the PUBLIC road putting people in danger. A lot of us hillbillys got our wheelers so we could get ot in the hills... away from automobiles and bars. Yeah I know its not the safest thing to do...BUT I am 99.9% only endangering myself. I know some times the Budweiser starts swelling my *****...But if I f@#k up and crash I knew better. Yeah I know somebody is gonna say we are giving the sport a bad rap...but if I can't enjoy myself on my wheeler what good is the sport. They'er gonna say that I'm giving the anti ATV people some thing to bitch about but if they weren't bitching about this they would be bitching about something else....loud pipes, land erosion, helmets, no tax $$$ Its a never ending problem. It kinda pitiful when a man buys a $6000 machine to get away from it all and can't!!

Old 12-05-2003, 04:44 AM
Trailblazer

I save the drinking for when I get back to camp. I dont mind bringing the cooler for everyone else, but it just gets too crazy in the desert if your drinking & riding. The last weekend that i was in occotillo, 3 people were airlifted out.

If am out in the middle of nowhere and didnt have to worry about other people, i think drinking & riding is fine.

Old 12-05-2003, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider

I have drunk a beer or two, but no more when riding. Usually I would not touch any drink while riding. I ride with a lot of guys. As fate will have it, the ones that love boozing it up is the ones with wrecked quads and broken bones. The strange thing is that they made these accidents not while riding trails. It happened when they where sitting around having a couple of drinks and taking the quad out for a quick spin around the track. The worst one was a friend of mine that had his brand new YFZ450 for two weeks. Rolled it and now has a broken leg, shoulder and ribs, plus the bike needs some serious work.

I also ask myself "is a bear worth a broken bone or having to fix a broken quad."

Old 12-05-2003, 07:54 AM
Pro Rider

I'll drink a beer or two when I'm riding at the house or around the farm. No more than a couple though. It's too dangerous to be getting wasted or even really buzzing.

Old 12-05-2003, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

I enjoy a cold one when I'm on the trail sometimes,,But have never ridden with the beer goggles on ...I know my limits
and it is less likely for me to do anything crazy on the trail when riding a utility as compared to a sport quad. I have also been asked to go on night rides with guys who have been drinking all day and I opt out,,,Don't want to sit in a field waving a flashlight
at 2:30 a.m. so a helicopter can land and take someone out on a backboard,,,, A man has got to know his limitations...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???