Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???

Guys...I started this thread out of curiosity...not to aprove or disaprove of anyones actions...not my business. I haven't downed anyone, called anyone any names, knock anyones religous beliefs, threaten violence, or anything else...I was wanting to see who would be honest about it without coping a holier than thou attidude. Its everyone sport...just because you don't agreee with someone else doesn't mean they are wrong....doesn't mean you are either...just different... To me the bottom line comes out like I said before....BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS....KNOW YOUR OWN LIMITS
It's still a farily free country.... Shastadog

Old 12-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

DUI on a 4 wheeler is understandable. When someone gets hit by a drunk the drunk HARDLY if ever gets killed or hurt its always the innocent that the drunk f*cked it up for. Just my .02 cents

Old 12-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shastadog
If we are afraid to do or say whats on our minds the tree huggers have already won.

If we keep adding fuel to thier fire, THEY WILL WIN!!! I haven't seen any-one cop a holier than thou attitude, but have seen concerned individuals expressing anger over a very serious issue. I agree with you, people should know thier limits, and I'm sure that those responsible for causing fatalities because they were drunk at the wheel thought they knew thiers, too. Even if you do slam down a couple, and aren't even buzzed, as another post earlier stated, you never know if someone is going to cross your path and cause you to wreck, automatically making you at fault because you had been drinking. Believe me, I enjoy puttin em down, just not while operating a motor vehicle. Thanks for bringing up a very important topic, and being honest on how you feel about it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

All of my toys are WAY to expensive for ME to F up while drinking - I'm too poor to do something like that.

Old 12-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

duneittuudie- I was not refering to you or anyone in this thread. My comments were more intended for those that decide what we can and cannot do from afar. You know the rules peolpe. (fat women with nothing better to do than create havoc in others lives, the insurance people, the laywers, congress and what not. )

Old 12-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Diablo for a respectful point of view....I enjoy people stating their views with out downing someone else.

Old 12-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

14mins- I was hoping to not get too many people pis*#d off at me while still getting my point across.I think i may have a different point of view than some because i grew up in a household where my father abused alcohol and that kind of experience can lead to a defensive attitude when dealing with this subject.I myself like to have a few drinks now and then and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that it is just the drinking and driving that i will always have a problem with.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

I understand your point Dunetilludie... My father, grandfather on both sides, and numerous uncles were alcholics....and I appreciate your respectful replies... I never wanted to defend or down anything...Just to discuss it like grown men...My situation and riding conditions and local area can be worlds apart from your or others'.... I don't want to make enemys over this....But I stand behind every thing I have posted also...

Old 12-08-2003, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

duneittilude- I know where you're coming from. Alcohol has had some devastating effects on my family as well. My father died of Cirrhosis of the liver when I was 10, and as I stated earlier, another family member(Uncle) committed suicide as a result of a drinking and driving accident. I can say that I have learned valuable lessons from both of those events, the main one being self control. Be safe everyone.

Old 12-08-2003, 02:11 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: Diablo
the main one being self control.
Thats it, self control is having power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???