Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RDZ Racing Exhaust for Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RDZ Racing Exhaust for Banshee

Has anyone here tried the RDZ / Shearer in-frame drag pipes on their Banshee? My friend Adam built a 400 Cheetah and put out-of-frame CPIs (no silencers) on it because his in-frame CPIs would not work. I was just wondering if the in-frame RDZ pipes would fit and perform well. If no one knows, we might call RDZ on Monday. A quieter, more rideable pipe is somewhat desired [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance,

Daren

Old 12-07-2003, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

why wouldnt the inframe CPI work? if you want to stick with cpi you can get out of frames with silencers. they look real good and are pretty quiet considering what they are.

Old 12-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

The CPI in-frames won't work because the pipe / silencer joint is against the 35 PWK carb choke lever. There is no clearance at all. Not even enough to put them together.

It is already equipped with the non-silenced CPI drag pipes (out-of-frame). The silenced version are being considered, but we were thinking about what the options were as far as in-frames.

Thanks,

Daren

Old 12-07-2003, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

The CPIs will normally (they do on mine) fit if you use the offset intakes available for them but i know of a few cases where it still doesnt.With that said the RDZ pipes (wich are Shearer pipes i think) are supposed to fit the Cheetah well and i know that the Rocket pipes do fit well on Cheetah cylinders so you have a few options as far as inframe pipes are concerned.

Old 12-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

Are the offset intakes also made by UPP? Where could we get a set and how much do they cost? How do the CPIs do with clamp on K&Ns (for clearance purposes) when the offset intakes are used?

My 98 Banshee had CPIs and I'm good friends with the new owner. If we get a set of the offset intakes, we could try his pipes to make sure they'll work.

Imback, your engine looks really sharp.

Thanks for all the info.

Daren

Old 12-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks it was a bit of a pain to polish the thing but i think it was worth it.The intakes are indeed made by UPP, my engine was set up by Patriot Racing so i dont know if you can et them directly from UPP or if you have to go through Trinity Racing since they are the sole distributor of the Cheetah cylinders.As for the K&N clamp-ons Dan Wade sold me some that have angled flanges so i can easily keep them from the stingers but there is a guy on BansheeHQ that runs some straight ones with CPIs 00Banshee is his name,you can PM him if you want im sure he would send you some pics of his set up.

Old 12-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

This is a Trinity Stage IV Cheetah, so I will just call them and see about the intakes. I know you can get the K&N filters with the 15 degree angle so that is what I will look into. Thanks a lot for your help.

Daren