Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee or Raptor ..

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee or Raptor ..

A ds....hahahahaa. DS's are the ugliest quads built.

A Raptor all the way. There is nothing sweeter in the quad world then the pulse pounding 660R.

Old 12-08-2003, 10:42 PM
cop
Pro Rider

Better get a 727 big bore kit and some alky if you want a chance to pass me.

Old 12-08-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cop
Sorry fact is that even with all of your mods you still couldn't beat me in a drag.
I wouldn't be too sure about that!!! Remember that there is ALWAYS somebody faster!!!!!

Old 12-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wouldn't need to pass you, because I would whoop your candyass right off the line, and I would never look back. So you can rant and rave all you want to about your DS is this, and your DS is that....but the facts are.....someone is always faster. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

But you can talk all you want to about the DS's. But from what I have seen....they are all BS.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry fact is that even with all of your mods you still couldn't beat me in a drag.
I bet I could.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

As for the original question you have to figure out where you're riding. Open terrain favors the Banshee, everything else is Raptor territory. I've got a few mods on my Raptor and really dont worry much about Banshees or Ds's. Of course the dedicated sand draggin Shees still whoop up on me but most do it all machines are easy pickins.

Old 12-09-2003, 12:47 AM
Range Rover

I'd like a piece of that BS myself. I guarantee I would never see the back end of it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 01:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AlphaRaptor660R
Banshee-Fast as heck, can be made even faster with ease and will usually if not always be faster than a Raptor mod for mod...Powerband is a little unpredicatble, you can go from barely moving to not being able to stop in seconds...tons of aftermarket parts available...Engine has less moving parts so will cost you less and be easier to maintain if anything should go wrong...Downside of a banshee, according to legend it will require rebuild sooner than raptor, although a friend of mine has not rebuilt his banshee since he bought it 2 years ago and it is still running strong. You have to mix fuel with oil which is a big deal for some. Suspension isn't the best. I'd say the banshee is best suited for the sand/desert.

Raptor-Lots of torque and lots of speed, not as quick as a banshee but it will catch it and pass it stock for stock. A lot plusher ride. Electric-start and reverse. Powerband is smooth from bottom all the way up, not nearly as jerky as the Shee's. Uses regular pump gas. Lots of after market parts available. Cons-it's narrow stance and high center of gravity make it a little tipsy, nothing that can't be overcome with practice. After your basic mods, pipes, filter, jetting, there isn't much more you can do without spending some moolah. I'd say the raptor is a great all around machine.If I left anything out, feel free to help out fellas..

ditto....well put[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptor8tor
I'd like a piece of that BS myself. I guarantee I would never see the back end of it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I think I'll have to jump on this as well!

Old 12-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cop
The Rappy and Banshee are both good machines, it's just that the DS is better.
you know cop, it would be nice if you would show some common courtesy to other bike owners as well as not sound snobby, by defining how exactly the DS is "better" than the shee and rappy, rather than just saying that it is so. not to mention it would keep people from ganging up on you like this. no offense of course. its all good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Banshee or Raptor ..