Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

LE Raptor Question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 06:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LE Raptor Question.

Sup Guys

I just had a question for all the LE Raptor owners out there. I just got my 2004 LE Raptor up in alburn for $7,500 out the door will all the standard warranty stuff and I was talking to one of the salesman at are local yamaha shop in yuba city the guy told me I got ripped off price wise. So I was just going to ask all the LE owners how much they paid for their bikes. The sales guy at roseville cycle center said they wanted $8,300 out the door for their 04 LE so I thought I was getting a good deal. Even if I did over pay for the bike I still am very happy with it.

Thanks for all your guys input.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know about the cost of a LE Raptor but I've bought a few things in my life. No matter how good you think you did on a deal, if you try to find a lower price after the sale, you usually will. If you can afford the price you paid and don't think you got raped, have fun with your Raptor and try not to break any bones:-)

Old 12-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

$7500 out the door with tax and everything. Does that include any gear or extras. Friend paid $7400 out the door for his 04' LE. You could have got it allittle cheaper and maybe some gear if you worked the salesman. That price is probably includes all the BS building and freight charge that you can usuall always get them to take off.

They do not discount Raptors that much since they are hot sellers. He wanted to sell me a YZF450 for the same price as a Raptor, because he can't sell them like the they sell Raptors. I liked the Raptor better, so I bought an 04' Factory Blue for $6,800 out the door with Gloves, Googles, Helmet, GYT-R Brush Guard.

Old 12-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Ummmm, I just paid $6,300 out the door w/ taxes and everything for my LE Raptor on my Yamaha card. The retail price for a LE Raptor now is $6,400.

Old 12-11-2003, 11:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid about the same for mine. We don't get as good of deals here in CA. as the rest of you. Did you get the extended warranty with that also?

Old 12-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well, I guess I'm not suppose to advertise here so I won't mention any specific dealers. I will tell you that you paid exactly what I was quoted OTD by my local dealer. If you live in Southern California I can tell you that for price comparison you should consider a local Yamaha dealer in Los Angeles.....hint, hint. I just checked on-line for an OTD quote and here is what I got....04' Blue Raptor is $6399 and 04' LE Raptor is $6599. These are REAL OTD quotes....no hidden extras when you show up to sign the papers. I got my 04' Blue Raptor from another dealer for $6500 OTD but my dad knows the dealer pretty well so I never have to haggle. They still make a few bucks and I get a decent deal. BTW, the LE retails for only $200 more than the Blue so that shouldn't be much of an excuse to jack the price through the roof.

But hey, it's yours now I'm sure you paid what many others have paid. Enjoy your ride. Next time you are in the market, ask the forum before you make a decision.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider

BTW....the prices I quoted are "without" an extended warrenty....just the standard 6-months.

Old 12-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

I got a non LE 03 for 5199, LE was 200 more. Taxes etc were around 450, so, if I bought a LE, it would have been around $5950 OTD.

Mississippi has the best prices in the country on ATV's

Old 12-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

The shop near us has the std. issue models OTD for $5800. Thats just with the 6 month warranty though.

Old 12-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sixsixT
I paid about the same for mine. We don't get as good of deals here in CA. as the rest of you. Did you get the extended warranty with that also?
TRUE!

My buddy just got one and paid about $7200 OTD for the standard (Red & White) Raptor. $7500 is a fair price in California.

I would hope the $8,300 Roseville was quoting was with a warranty. A lot of the local dealers here in Sacramento ask a good $500 more than areas like Auburn, Marysville, Modesto, etc. Guess they figure there are enough people that aren't willing to drive an hour to save $500 (they were wrong when I bought my Wife's Raptor last year - $7,1xx O.T.D.)

You can get one from Oregon and save on sales tax but, as soon as you register it in CA you'll get a sales tax bill! Also, the CA raptor is a green sticker quad. If you get one in Nevada, Oregon, or any of the other 49 states you will get a red sticker (which means you can't ride it all year - emissions!)

Bottom line! You did fine on your quad. Now, go get some paddle tires so I can throw some sand in your face at Sand Mt. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: LE Raptor Question.