Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what is the worst atv you ever owned?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the worst atv you ever owned?

1985 Moto-4 200. In the brochure, under suspension it said "Rigid". Meaning no shocks at all. They added shocks to it in 86, but I didn't have that luxury. Light front end made it a bitch to climb anything (though I never flipped it), and it would absolutely beat you to death on anything other than pavement or smooth dirt roads. Dry weight on it was like 335lbs. and with a 14 yr. old kid on it, it did feel kind of quick though.

Had an 86 Moto-4 225, and that thing was like a blessing compared to the 200. Like going from a Beartracker to a Grizzly almost. This thing was tough as nails. Not as much so as the old Fourtrax 250's I don't think, but as good as anything of that time. Comparing either of these to my 660 is like comparing a Ferrari to a Tricycle though.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

My 97 Polaris Scrambler Sport 400 4x4. I had it 2 months and the 4-wheel drive crapped out in the middle of a hill. It ended up rolling all the way down and off a cliff. It was a good end to a miserable quad. Plus the fact I had to get the top end redone like 3 1/2 weeks after I bought it. That is my fault for buying it used.

Old 12-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

My moto-4 is the biggest piece of s*** of all time. I just want to set it on fire and let it drive off a cliff.

Old 12-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

92 worrior is the worst quad I have ever owned[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Trailblazer

Well heres another....i didn't actually see it happen but i heard one of my friends friends went riding with my friend with their 1992 Timberwolf 250 and their 1992 Trail Blazer or Trail Boss(whichever it was for the year) and they got to our property over the mountain we ride on which is full of ruts, mud holes, roots, and just plain carnage in the woods. And they got to our pond on our property and they shut them off to sit for awhile. Well........they went to start up the machines and the Timberwolf started like a dream but the Polaris refused to start so they pulled the Polaris with that little Timberwolf all the way back over the mountain and mind you it had bad back tires with no traction and it still pulled it. Well they took it back to his house and they tore the motor apart and sure enough....the piston rings were broke which allowed it to start and run when cold but as it warmed up it would still run but if you shut it off it wouldn't start because of the gap in the rings were they were broke so this is a warning to all of you...DON'T BUY A POLARIS!

Old 12-13-2003, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

1997 polaris sp400... junk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

luke

Old 12-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

wallstreet
The arctic cat 250 is an excellent bike for what its made for, work and easy trail riding, don't bust on a bike that never treated you poorly, sounds like the only problem u had with it was that it was too slow for your needs.

Old 12-13-2003, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

WE GOT MY SISTER A HONDA 200TRX 1984, ( THEY DON'T EVEN MAKE THEM ANYMORE) IT'S A 4 STOKE AND I PROLLY ONLY GOES 20 MAX

~CHRIS~

Old 12-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My trailblazer was the worst. It ran fine but its not for me

Old 12-14-2003, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

1983 craftsman LT10 lawn tractor, always got stuck in the mud, blew 3 engines, 2 transmissions and eventually the whole thing just kinda disintigrated when i got my blaster and got bored one day, its amazing how much damage you can do to a lawn tractor when you're draggng it at 30mph and a tree gets in the way

Quick Reply: what is the worst atv you ever owned?