Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine CV Boot Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine CV Boot Replacement

I need to replace one of the outer boots on my Wolvy. Is it very difficult to do? Any recommendations on what boot kit to buy? Any special tools required? Anyone out there have a detailed description on how to do it? Thanks in advance!

Old 12-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine CV Boot Replacement

I've never had to replace one there pal....but I have had mine and others down to the cv axles. I do know it takes a special crimping tool to re-attach the rubber boot. You can look at an exploded parts diagram at Riva Yamaha's website.If it ends up being to much of a job for ya could still save a few bucks by taking the axle out yourself, thats not that hard of a job, instead of having a shop charge ya $35-45 an hour to take it apart. Be sure to check your wheel bearing while it's apart. They do seem to wear easily. As far as the axles go...after you remove the tire-hub -brakes-tie rod- ball joints from the steering knuckle you will be able to slide the knuckle from the axle. Then the axle just pops out of the differential. I don't think it has any keepers on it. Hope this helps ya...I've never had one of the CV joints apart.
I have been looking for a repair manual other than the $50 factory one with no luck. Once on here someone posted where you could look at repair manuals on line. I think the website was Sweet Quads.com or something similar. Good luck and let us know how it goes.