Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

450R Delayed....Honda falling behind already...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450R Delayed....Honda falling behind already...

Well said, 440EX026. Hey, what do you have against exriders? Just curious. That is one sweeeet van you got there![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PADZZ
. That is one sweeeet van you got there![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
How much to get that kind of custom paint job put on my trailer? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2003, 12:07 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Honda was not ready to release this quad yet for one of two reasons (I Think). Either they were full of it the whole time, just trying to salvage some YFZ sales. OR, they saw they Yammi and decided they better change a few things (to compete) adn its taking a little longer than they thought.
Either way its cool. I have waited for 10+ years for this quad, whats another month or so? Thats one more month worth of 450R money into retirement!
I think its fair to assume that all the reports, and rides were not on production machines.
I must admit, the Yamaha is looking more attractive by the day. If they just had not screwed me and you 01 Raptor guys, I would have one. I just can't quite stomach it to support them.
OH Well, the rest of you are probably going to be laughing last.

Old 12-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

I find it funny how as the market changes and new models are released, popular opinion shifts so much toward the "new thing". A few years ago, noone could imagine a fourstroke with better handling and speed than a 400ex or the raw power of a banshee. Then came the introduction of the Raptor, Bombardier DS650, and the Cannondale and it became quite evident that the technology of the ex and the banshee was being quickly surpassed. For about two years, the Raptor and DS were raved as the ultimate bikes and public sentiment raised these bikes up on a pedestal while shunning the 400ex and Banshee, claiming them to be decrepid and outdated though nothing had changed to make these bikes any lesser of a machine than they had formerly been. Now, with the introduction of the YFZ450 and the much anticipated TRX450R, it seems that the Raptor and DS, not long ago praised, catch more and more dissent from those who just recently glorified their existence. It is a certainty that not to far into the future, new models will be introduced to dispell the reign of the YFZ450 and its Honda counterpart from the rank of ultimate machine in the public's eye.

My point is that regardless of what you ride, people will always have poor opinions of it. If not now, soon. Be happy with what you ride and for those of us lucky enough to enjoy this sport; let's compare bikes, yes; but let's not let something as foolish as brand loyalty encourage us to criticise others or the machines they cherish. 400ex, Raptor, DS, YFZ450, TRX450R... etc. Hey, at least we're riding!

~HoundDog

Old 12-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

JdBlaster - I know nothing about the speed or anything... these are simply my guesses as to what honda might release as a 'race ready' quad.. i could be completely wrong.....but it's just a guess :-)

im just looking at back when they made the 250r...its a good bike but not the fastest...so maybe the yfz will be faster still...

Old 12-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Trailblazer

yes yes but with mods it is the fastes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] no one can comepare to the whaling of a nicly turned 250r i cant wait to see the 450r

250r atc to much to list

Old 12-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

Well said HoundDog, If anyone follows the sport Bike scene it works the same way just faster. (they put out new bikes every year!)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2003, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Honda had a very strong showing at this years Baja 1000 and they won the race on the new 450 - first big event - expert riders - not to shabby for a bike that's not ready for delivery. I'd say it's already been ridded hard and tested........Dont get me wrong, I'm a Yam fan but the Honda is gonna be a nice machine.

Baja 1000 - Honda

Old 12-22-2003, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

It don't have a ele.starter anyway so that y I would not have one. Unless I wasn't goning to do any mods and was not going to race it on a moto-x track. The last race i went to there were two 450r there one on a 400ex frame,and one on a 250-r frame and both had to push them off before the race because neither one of them could kick it to crank it. They were very nice bikes but who wants something u can't crank. O yea one of the guy weighed about 185 so go buy that. (p.o.c.)

Old 12-22-2003, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Winning the baja dosent say much for them. If a Rincon can win anything can win. The 450r might be good but not if honda sticks to its conservative policy.

Quick Reply: 450R Delayed....Honda falling behind already...